The Student Room Group

ODP BSc April 2015 via Edge Hill, studying at the Manchester campus

Hi all,

I'm just putting the feelers out for anybody who's in the same boat... applying for Operating Department Practitioner BSc at Edge Hill, but choosing to study at Armstrong House, Manchester campus.

This is my 2nd time round, having left a Physiotherapy BSc half way through due to the lack of practical physiotherapy. I should have applied for ODP 2 years ago!

It'd be great to get a thread going...

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied for the ormiskirk campus... so nervous :/
Reply 2
Original post by Ems99
Hi all,

I'm just putting the feelers out for anybody who's in the same boat... applying for Operating Department Practitioner BSc at Edge Hill, but choosing to study at Armstrong House, Manchester campus.

This is my 2nd time round, having left a Physiotherapy BSc half way through due to the lack of practical physiotherapy. I should have applied for ODP 2 years ago!

It'd be great to get a thread going...

I'm starting in April too, applied for this September but the course was full!
Hi, I've been offered a place for the ODP course at Edge Hill Manchester in April next year too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielcowsill
Hi, I've been offered a place for the ODP course at Edge Hill Manchester in April next year too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done, how was your interview? were they friendly?
Please share any tips that could help me, I have my interview there soon. Did they give you a scenario type of thing? helpppp im so nervous with this :/
Hi, yes they were really friendly! They asked questions based on the qualities and roles of an ODP. They also asked me what I knew about the course and how I was going to balance my studies with part time work and other commitments. Make sure you practice the maths and English tests on the pre-interview information. You will be absolutely fine if you prepare yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, yes they were really friendly! They asked questions based on the qualities and roles of an ODP. They also asked me what I knew about the course and how I was going to balance my studies with part time work and other commitments. Make sure you practice the maths and English tests on the pre-interview information. You will be absolutely fine if you prepare yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for replying, I will practice it!!! hopefully I"ll post here soon that I have secured a place!!! :smile: once again very well done for securing your place!:smile:
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great!! :biggrin: so nervous but excited! Can't wait. Have you found accommodation?
Same! Can't wait too start! I'm going to be living at home. I'm about 12 miles away from the university :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi, I've applied to the ormskirk campus but to do law with criminology. You heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi, I went for my interviews on 23/02/15 and hoping to start in April. At the end of the interview they told me where I would go for placements, although they didn't mention the 'if you're successful' bit! They also said 'you'll be alright to start in April right?' Should I be positive guys😜
Reply 11
Original post by tesiwaka
Hi, I went for my interviews on 23/02/15 and hoping to start in April. At the end of the interview they told me where I would go for placements, although they didn't mention the 'if you're successful' bit! They also said 'you'll be alright to start in April right?' Should I be positive guys😜

Hi!
I went for my ODP interview on 19th Feb for the April start and still waiting to hear! They did say it would take 10 days to hear anything back from them but Im getting so impatient!! Similar to you though, they were keen to see if I could start in April with it being so soon and able to travel...
Did they say anything about waiting 10 days to you?? Some people I've spoke to were told it could take a couple of months??!!
Reply 12
Hi, I was told outcome will be in a few weeks. But today I got an email from them asking for a second reference before telling me a decision
Reply 13
Hi, I was told outcome will be in a few weeks. But today I got an email from them asking for a second reference before telling me a decision

Yes I got the same email too- twice! I called them to double check that they had got it, as it was sent way before my interview, and they told me that it was logged in my records that they'd recieved it so to ignore the email. I'd ring them tomorrow if you get chance, just to make sure you've not just received the email because they'd sent it out on mass. So annoying, I just want to know whether it's s yes or a no!! Good luck with yours!
Reply 14
I didn't provide the 2nd reference prior to interviews as was waiting for outcome first. But I'm guessing if they're asking for 2nd reference surely it's an offer?
Hi everyone :smile:

I got offered an interview for ODP at Edge hill (Ormskirk campus) for next Tuesday but they haven't sent me an email with any details :s-smilie: I was only given 1 week notice for the interview so I haven't had a lot of time to prepare. Please could any of you tell me what your email said? Like what to bring. I've emailed the admissions department but they have not got back to me yet and I doubt that they will until Monday.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
I didn't provide the 2nd reference prior to interviews as was waiting for outcome first. But I'm guessing if they're asking for 2nd reference surely it's an offer?

I'm not too sure what it's supposed to mean. They were supposed to have the reference before the interview... But for whatever reason they didn't have mine. Hmmm I don't know what to think. But why would they be interested in asking for the reference if they're not going to offer us a place?! Let me know when you hear from them anyway!!
Reply 17
Original post by Jessicalynam14
Hi everyone :smile:

I got offered an interview for ODP at Edge hill (Ormskirk campus) for next Tuesday but they haven't sent me an email with any details :s-smilie: I was only given 1 week notice for the interview so I haven't had a lot of time to prepare. Please could any of you tell me what your email said? Like what to bring. I've emailed the admissions department but they have not got back to me yet and I doubt that they will until Monday.

Thank you :smile:

Hi!
I know the UCAS website is down over the weekend but up and running on Monday morning- you should be able to go into your track account and find all the details there then... But they asked to bring the originals and photocopies of all of your qualification certificates, a form of ID- passport/ driving licence. You'll do a numeracy and literacy test- quite simple but try and Google for some examples for practice. Then on to the interview!! They all seemed like really nice people though :smile: Good luck!!
Reply 18
I got unconditional offer at EdgeHill starting next month! Delighted! 😝
Reply 19
I got unconditional offer at EdgeHill starting next month! Delighted! 😝

Congrats! Which campus?

Quick Reply

Latest