The Student Room Group

Do You Follow Fashion Trends?

Poll

Do You Follow Fashion Trends?

I don't personally, though I'll consider trying out some of the "new" things that are on trend in the shops if they fit in with my usual style.

I know a guy who literally spends at least a couple of hundred every season on buying stuff that fits in with all the new trends :s-smilie:.

Scroll to see replies

No. I have a very distinctive sense of style that I wear
Reply 2
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No. I have a very distinctive sense of style that I wear

What's your style like? :smile:

Mine changes a bit from season to season, but not that much. Fashion tends to be at least a bit "out there" though.
Not really, I just wear what ever like, whether it's in season or not doesn't matter to me
Lolno. :lol:
Reply 5
Not often.
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightDream
Not really, I just wear what ever like, whether it's in season or not doesn't matter to me

Yeah, I imagine most people do TBH :smile:

Maid Marian
Lolno.

What's your style like?
No, I couldn't care less.
Original post by Swirll
Yeah, I imagine most people do TBH :smile:

What's your style like?

Pretty plain, usually wear dresses and jumpers, idk.
If I like the stuff.
Original post by Swirll
What's your style like? :smile:

Mine changes a bit from season to season, but not that much. Fashion tends to be at least a bit "out there" though.

1950s vintage but classic not rockabilly :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Reluctant Economist
If I like the stuff.

Same here, I don't really follow most trends though as I tend to like a bit too much :lol:
Reply 12
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
1950s vintage but classic not rockabilly :smile:

That sounds awesome, do you mean stuff like tea dresses/Mary Janes? (I think lol?) :smile:
Original post by Swirll
Same here, I don't really follow most trends though as I tend to like a bit too much :lol:

Aww, what sort of stuff do you usually wear? I am obsessed with wearing top hats these days :P
I try and stay on trend, but I also have my own style. I usually dress either quite grungy and tramp-like (big baggy jackets, converse, messy hair) , or super girly (skirts or dresses, little crop tops, short shorts) I don't seem to have any in between (apart from when I'm at work and have to dress in boring clothes). I do get a bit caught up in trends, not that I can ever afford them. Sometimes I go into Topshop and just want to buy everything even though I know it's all a load of crap that won't be fashionable in 6 months.
Original post by Swirll
That sounds awesome, do you mean stuff like tea dresses/Mary Janes? (I think lol?) :smile:

Yeah :h: tea dresses, petticoats, swing skirts and stuff
No, I like to have a minimal wardrobe with neutral colours. :smile:

There are some trends that I really don't understand why people follow... Such as neon leg warmers.
Nah I just buy whatever I like the look of, idc if it's in fashion or not.
Reply 18
Original post by Reluctant Economist
Aww, what sort of stuff do you usually wear? I am obsessed with wearing top hats these days :P

I like really modern, sleek stuff I can wear to work. So things like pencil dresses and so on paired with heels and a blazer :smile:

Top hats are so cool! What do you wear them with? :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by littlejellybird
No, I like to have a minimal wardrobe with neutral colours. :smile:

There are some trends that I really don't understand why people follow... Such as neon leg warmers.

Out of curiosity, how minimal are we talking? Was thinking of cutting mine down a bit. I tend to fall in love with everything "classic" looking :lol:

Yeah, same here. Each to their own though. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest