Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone

I'm actually year 13, but will be taking up AQA AS Religious Studies this year (won't actually continue it as I'm going to uni, but this is how the timetable worked out so I'm stuck with it).

I know how difficult essay subjects like this are, and although I didn't initially opt for this I'm prepared to give my 100% to get an A.

I'm going to be studying Unit C: Philosophy of Religion and Unit A: Religion and Ethics.

I'm looking for someone who has completed AS (or A2) Religious Studies on the AQA board to help me out with advice (preferably these modules but if not I'm sure exam technique is similar).

I think I'll do ok as I got an A in English Lit AS this year (so I can't be that bad at essay writing!). However, I only got a B in R.E. for GCSE so am a little worried.

I need help with things like the best books to buy, exam technique and just general advice you absolutely needed when you were studying this.

Thank you if you can help, feel free to PM me I really appreciate any input.

TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
IC3DOutStunn4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Comeback)
Hello everyone

I'm actually year 13, but will be taking up AQA AS Religious Studies this year (won't actually continue it as I'm going to uni, but this is how the timetable worked out so I'm stuck with it).

I know how difficult essay subjects like this are, and although I didn't initially opt for this I'm prepared to give my 100% to get an A.

I'm going to be studying Unit C: Philosophy of Religion and Unit A: Religion and Ethics.

I'm looking for someone who has completed AS (or A2) Religious Studies on the AQA board to help me out with advice (preferably these modules but if not I'm sure exam technique is similar).

I think I'll do ok as I got an A in English Lit AS this year (so I can't be that bad at essay writing!). However, I only got a B in R.E. for GCSE so am a little worried.

I need help with things like the best books to buy, exam technique and just general advice you absolutely needed when you were studying this.

Thank you if you can help, feel free to PM me I really appreciate any input.

Hey there,

I did unit A - Religion & Ethics and and Unit D - Religion, Philosophy and Science
So I can help you a bit. There are 4 topics you learn for each paper however in the exam you only complete two topics. Each topic has two questions in it, A long essay and short essay. The long essay is worth 30 marks and it's essentially just putting down scholars, quotes and as much information as you can. There is no real structure to it so you'll be fine. The 15 Mark essay is more difficult because you get marked on evaluation instead of knowledge and information. The best structure for me was to make a point and then counter it and so on for 2/3 other points. The conclusion is very important for the 15 mark essay so always make sure you have one. Also for the ethics paper i suggest doing the Utilitarianism topic. It's interesting and they can only ask you a limited number of questions that are just reworded.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-...gious+studies- this is a link to the revision guide I used, it's really good.

You'll be fine if you got an A in English lit AS to be honest. I only got a B in English language and literature GCSE and only a C in GCSE RE but got good grades in both units. Overall I got 183/200UMS which is a high A.

Also here are some power points which will help you with the ethics side of things.
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by IC3DOutStunn4)
Hey there,

I did unit A - Religion & Ethics and and Unit D - Religion, Philosophy and Science
So I can help you a bit. There are 4 topics you learn for each paper however in the exam you only complete two topics. Each topic has two questions in it, A long essay and short essay. The long essay is worth 30 marks and it's essentially just putting down scholars, quotes and as much information as you can. There is no real structure to it so you'll be fine. The 15 Mark essay is more difficult because you get marked on evaluation instead of knowledge and information. The best structure for me was to make a point and then counter it and so on for 2/3 other points. The conclusion is very important for the 15 mark essay so always make sure you have one. Also for the ethics paper i suggest doing the Utilitarianism topic. It's interesting and they can only ask you a limited number of questions that are just reworded.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-...gious+studies- this is a link to the revision guide I used, it's really good.

You'll be fine if you got an A in English lit AS to be honest. I only got a B in English language and literature GCSE and only a C in GCSE RE but got good grades in both units. Overall I got 183/200UMS which is a high A.

Also here are some power points which will help you with the ethics side of things.
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise