What you wish you'd known when starting year 12

Watch
TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
just like the year 13 thread tips and things
jsccsx1
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
1) Choosing the right A-Levels
2) Know that AQA can screw people over quite ridiculously
3) More guidance on choosing a uni course
sophiecorah
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
1) Try and choose the A Levels that you need for your Uni course, i know a lot of people who are having to stay an extra year to pick up other subjects.
2) make revision notes as you go through the year, don't just wait until exam period.
3) Don't get stressed over end of topic test results, i got E's consistently in biology through the year and came out with 2 B's in my final exams.
Engineer2015
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Have a good understanding of the degree/career you want to do.
Find appropriate A levels to pursue your degree.
Do very well in your exams and aim for a top uni.
Spelly456
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jsccsx1)
1) Choosing the right A-Levels
2) Know that AQA can screw people over quite ridiculously
3) More guidance on choosing a uni course
Which subjects were AQA bad for? I have a feeling you'll say biology...
jsccsx1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Spelly456)
Which subjects were AQA bad for? I have a feeling you'll say biology...
You are very right indeed. AQA biology screwed me over big time!
Spelly456
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jsccsx1)
You are very right indeed. AQA biology screwed me over big time!
Was this true for many others in your class? AQA Biology has a pretty bad reputation on here. (Sorry for all the questions- I'm in year 11 choosing A levels).
jsccsx1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Spelly456)
Was this true for many others in your class? AQA Biology has a pretty bad reputation on here. (Sorry for all the questions- I'm in year 11 choosing A levels).
No worries, ask me anything you like. I took AQA Photography, Chemistry and Biology. And honestly, biology was the subject I hated THE most. Especially given their markings and questions that the examiner decides to put in. Not to say chemistry was any better, because chemistry is hard.. but AQA biology has some serious issues lol
RooRoo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Study hard all year. Doing well at AS makes A2 so much easier.

Practice Practice Practice. It comes together in the end but it takes work!

Ask to change classes or get a tutor if you're struggling.

Make the most of your friends. I saw a lot less of my friends in A2 because of Uni days / studying, and all of a sudden they're off to uni and I won't see them until Christmas

This is what I'm telling my brother who's starting year 12.
shrn
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not doing my maths summer homework was my biggest regret
Imagene2356
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I wish I'd known how important revision was and how different alevels had been to g.c.s.es if your like me and you never bothered revising and breezed through your g.c.s.es with zero revision and did well alevels will come as a nasty surprise especially that first U in January so REVISE
Imagene2356
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh and pretending I read the summer reading for English Lit what a fail that was
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads