Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else received a very kind letter from Michael Howard asking you to vote in the European elections?

How very underhand (IMO!)

ReputationRep:
    I did.

ReputationRep:
    The address was freepost so I wrote a nice letter telling them that as a member of the Labour party I didn't wish to receive Tory propaganda

I'm just wondering how far he went!

p.s. every single woman that he sent a letter to in our all-girls college was addressed to "Mrs", despite saying that he got the info from the electoral roll. hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in my house who's eligible to vote (3 out of 4 of us) received the same very nice letter. How does he know I want to vote Conservative? I've never even voted before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Has anyone else received a very kind letter from Michael Howard asking you to vote in the European elections?

You'd better get used to it. I'll almost guarantee that you'll find yourself beneath tons of government leaflets telling you how wonderful Europe is in the weeks preceding the EU constitutional referendum (if that ever becomes a reality)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    You'd better get used to it. I'll almost guarantee that you'll find beneath tons of government leaflets telling you how wonderful Europe is in the weeks preceding the EU constitutional referendum (if that ever becomes a reality)
    Yes, I got an email from Tony Blair just yesterday along those lines.... But that's not unsolicited so I'm not bothered about that one in particular. Should have a nice pile waiting for me when I go back home... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If I get a letter from MH, I shall jolly well return it to him thanking him for wasting his money.

ReputationRep:

Got two copies, one at home and one at uni. What joy!

ReputationRep:
    If Howard gets elected he'd be like near retirement age!

ReputationRep:
    i want letters!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i want letters!!

love Katy ***
    You can have mine!

[Digging letter out of bottom of bin]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    If Howard gets elected he'd be like near retirement age!
    Britain needs an experienced leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Experienced, not a pensioner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    <thinks of newsnight>

Almost as funny as Bush's recent press conference...

ReputationRep:
    God ... please let Blair win the referendum! Seeing Howard all smug and happy makes me kinda scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    God ... please let Blair win the referendum! Seeing Howard all smug and happy makes me kinda scared!
    But then we will end up ruled by Brussels, its a no win, no win situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    If Blair wins this referndum it will be a fix! The idea of fixing referendums scares me more a lot more than any mental image of a beaming MH.

ReputationRep:
    But if Howard wins, Blair will have to quit and Brown will be PM! We wouldn't have to put up with his stats and facts twice a year but every week !

ReputationRep:
    <thinks of newsnight>

Almost as funny as Bush's recent press conference...
    Just out of interest, do you think it's desirable / necessary for a leader to be intelligent? Bush clearly isn't, though he's no fool either. So what's wrong with a representative leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    But if Howard wins, Blair will have to quit and Brown will be PM! We wouldn't have to put up with his stats and facts twice a year but every week !
    In that case you've just made me vote "yes" IF we ever get our vote.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.