The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Daveo
In that case you've just made me vote "yes" IF we ever get our vote.

Daveo, just because Gay Gordon is your second cousin 26 times removed you don't have to be blindly loyal to him you know. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Howard
Daveo, just because Gay Gordon is your second cousin 26 times removed you don't have to be blindly loyal to him you know. :rolleyes:
LOL I assure you i'm more closely related to him than that, and I do genuinely think he'd make a good PM.
Reply 22
last time I watched the budget, I fell asleep. he's certainly not one for "interesting politics."
Reply 23
Daveo
LOL I assure you i'm more closely related to him than that, and I do genuinely think he'd make a good PM.

I know you are. You have a Christmas card from him.

Maybe he would make a good PM. Then again, maybe I'd make a good Archbishop of Canterbury.
Reply 24
Howard
I know you are. You have a Christmas card from him.

Maybe he would make a good PM. Then again, maybe I'd make a good Archbishop of Canterbury.
I'll have you know, I was part of a family invite to the the christening of his baby on Sunday. He'd be better than Blair anyway.
Reply 25
d750
Just out of interest, do you think it's desirable / necessary for a leader to be intelligent? Bush clearly isn't, though he's no fool either. So what's wrong with a representative leader?

Well I couldn't help but laugh at his inability to answer questions - surely he should have answers to all those questions in the forefront of his mind and therefore prepared to give an answer immediately? It's not exaclty hard to guess what questions journalists are going to ask.

By representative, do you mean that he reflects the ineptitude of Americans? (I don't believe that Americans are inept btw!)

I think leaders of countries should be fully competent in all areas that their jobs cover (and I think answering the public, making speeches and debating are all very important qualities). Out of however many millions of people in America, George Bush is evidently not the best leader - there must be someone out there better (remember Gray's Elegy in a COuntry Churchyard?) Which makes me question the great "land of opportunity".
Reply 26
Daveo
I'll have you know, I was part of a family invite to the the christening of his baby on Sunday. He'd be better than Blair anyway.

Really? Did you go?
Reply 27
Howard
Really? Did you go?
Unfortunately I had to move back to University on Sunday however my gran and some of my aunts went.
Reply 28
I wonder what the world would be like now if Florida had gone Al Gore's way?
Reply 29
blissy
Well I couldn't help but laugh at his inability to answer questions - surely he should have answers to all those questions in the forefront of his mind and therefore prepared to give an answer immediately? It's not exaclty hard to guess what questions journalists are going to ask.

By representative, do you mean that he reflects the ineptitude of Americans? (I don't believe that Americans are inept btw!)

I think leaders of countries should be fully competent in all areas that their jobs cover (and I think answering the public, making speeches and debating are all very important qualities). Out of however many millions of people in America, George Bush is evidently not the best leader - there must be someone out there better (remember Gray's Elegy in a COuntry Churchyard?) Which makes me question the great "land of opportunity".

I think that's true of all countries. Is Blair the best of Britain? 60 million folks and Blair's the best we can do?

The simple fact is that politics has never attracted the brightest or the best.

Look at John Prescott for example. As thick as shit. How in God's name did he ever become Deputy PM?
Reply 30
Howard
I think that's true of all countries. Is Blair the best of Britain? 60 million folks and Blair's the best we can do?

Look at John Prescott for example. As thick as shit. How in God's name did he ever become Deputy PM?

Because he's got Britain's Best Left Hook! :smile:
Reply 31
Howard

I know. I despair. But I am more impressed with Blair than Bush.

ANd John Prescott.... I assume he bullied his way in.
Reply 32
At least Blair doesn't pause every other word to think about what he is going to say next.
Reply 33
shiny
Because he's got Britain's Best Left Hook! :smile:

Then we should make him a Field Marshall and put him in charge of the Army. He might be good at that.
Reply 34
Howard
Then we should make him a Field Marshall and put him in charge of the Army. He might be good at that.
We'd end up going to war with ourselves :frown:
Reply 35
blissy
I know. I despair. But I am more impressed with Blair than Bush.

I'm totally underwhelmed by both of them.
Reply 36
shiny
At least Blair doesn't pause every other word to think about what he is going to say next.

(I don't think there's anything going on when Bush pauses.)
Reply 37
blissy
(I don't think there's anything going on when Bush pauses.)

Excellent!
Reply 38
you guys should count yourself lucky....the vote is two weeks before my 18th birthday so i can't vote....and i really want to :frown::frown:.
Reply 39
To be honest, I don't have clue what the European elections are all about?!!! :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending