OCR Gateway Science Grade Boundary Predictions Watch

Ecconomist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A thread to share your A* / A predictions for all the sciences for OCR Gateway.

So predictions for:

Biology (B1, B2, B3) /75
Biology (B4, B5, B6, B7) /85
Chemistry (C1, C2, C3) /75
Chemistry (C4, C5, C6, C7) /85
Physics (P1, P2, P3) /75
Physics (P4, P5, P6, P7) /85

I personally found B123, C4567, P4567 nice. P123 was bad, whilst C123 and B4567 was meh.
Pokémontrainer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The actual boundaries for OCR Gateway B been released now, haven't they? Do you happen to know what they are? :confused:
Ecconomist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
They're scarily high. Everything went up by about 15% for a*. I'm really annoyed, how can they even justify putting P123 up so high, it was a fact that this paper was considerably harder than previous years so wtf?

OCR have made everythig high, which works in my favour for maths and eco but I'd do well to get 1 A* out of the sciences now. But same for everyoene, and for me the geog and eng and edexcel boundaries are good!
Pokémontrainer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ecconomist)
They're scarily high. Everything went up by about 15% for a*. I'm really annoyed, how can they even justify putting P123 up so high, it was a fact that this paper was considerably harder than previous years so wtf?

OCR have made everythig high, which works in my favour for maths and eco but I'd do well to get 1 A* out of the sciences now. But same for everyoene, and for me the geog and eng and edexcel boundaries are good!
I thought they looked okay, but I've just been comparing with other years and past papers I did and it's worrying... Some of the questions were absolutely ridiculous in the OCR science exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.14%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%