imdumbuneedhelp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hello people,

here is the thing, i am not great and drawing and awful at physics. but i want a degree that involves designing, planning and building my dream home in the future. then where i look into the property developing side of things eventually so i run my own business selling houses etc. i know architect seems like the degree for me but im just not that committed enough to study that hard. i heard that architecture requires lots of hours of work and yeh im just not up for that.
so because of this im wondering what similar degrees are out there that meet my conditions lol?
i looked at this degree called product design and was wondering whether a degree in this could get me were i want? would this degree be any use when your thinking about my dream house/career in the future?

thanks in advance. i know i have a similar thread up pls check that out too!
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by imdumbuneedhelp)
hello people,

here is the thing, i am not great and drawing and awful at physics. but i want a degree that involves designing, planning and building my dream home in the future. then where i look into the property developing side of things eventually so i run my own business selling houses etc. i know architect seems like the degree for me but im just not that committed enough to study that hard. i heard that architecture requires lots of hours of work and yeh im just not up for that.
so because of this im wondering what similar degrees are out there that meet my conditions lol?
i looked at this degree called product design and was wondering whether a degree in this could get me were i want? would this degree be any use when your thinking about my dream house/career in the future?

I don't know whether Product Design will be right - my sister does it and it seems to be more about designing objects and products rather than buildings but... you never know Maybe someone else will know more about this. I can say that product design is a lot of hard work, though.

Unfortunately getting what you want in life does take work and effort - if you're really keen on property development and building your dream home in the future you are going to have to work very hard to achieve that! You do have to be committed. So you need to think about this, and about how much effort you're willing to give your dreams.
ldsbabe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Business
GormlessWonder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hello people,

Possibly Interior Architecture or Property Development / Planning / Management. You need to do a lot more googling research on the content of these courses.

If you want to design your dream house, all you need is cash. So pick a degree you'll do well in, and one that leads to a good career.
imdumbuneedhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by GormlessWonder)
Possibly Interior Architecture or Property Development / Planning / Management. You need to do a lot more googling research on the content of these courses.

If you want to design your dream house, all you need is cash. So pick a degree you'll do well in, and one that leads to a good career.
again thanks for your comment, do you think construction management will get me where i want i have done research into this course and its quite closely related to civil engineering so do you think that could somehow lead me into designing, planning, developing and making my 'dream home' and of course to build up a business of my own selling property or working for a massive contracting firm where i will work on huge projects relating to skyscrapers etc...?
imdumbuneedhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
I don't know whether Product Design will be right - my sister does it and it seems to be more about designing objects and products rather than buildings but... you never know Maybe someone else will know more about this. I can say that product design is a lot of hard work, though.

Unfortunately getting what you want in life does take work and effort - if you're really keen on property development and building your dream home in the future you are going to have to work very hard to achieve that! You do have to be committed. So you need to think about this, and about how much effort you're willing to give your dreams.
again thanks for your comment, do you think construction management will get me where i want i have done research into this course and its quite closely related to civil engineering so do you think that could somehow lead me into designing, planning, developing and making my 'dream home' and of course to build up a business of my own selling property or working for a massive contracting firm where i will work on huge projects relating to skyscrapers etc...?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm afraid I don't know enough about this field to be able to say. You could try contacting some companies and universities to ask them directly...?
imdumbuneedhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
I'm afraid I don't know enough about this field to be able to say. You could try contacting some companies and universities to ask them directly...?
aha yeh thats seems like a good idea cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.24%
England (97)
33.45%
Belgium (25)
8.62%
Germany (37)
12.76%
Spain (5)
1.72%