The Student Room Group

FSMQ Results

Hi, I did the OCR Additional Maths/FSMQ exam alongside my GCSEs and as it wasn't my main focus, and partly because I had a pretty bad teacher, I didn't do very well. I got a C, which I was satisfied with as it was still a pass, but two of my close friends got A's, so I was definitely a little disappointed. I know I got out what I put in, so I wasn't surprised at my mark because I really didn't try as hard as I could have done in terms of revision, but I was wondering how other people did?

Also, would I have to disclose this on a UCAS form? I know a C still counts for UCAS points so it would be beneficial to disclose it, and you're supposed to state all GCSE/AS Level/A Level exams you get a grade for, but I don't know if that covers the FSMQ as well since it was an extra exam.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by OhhhhhDear

Also, would I have to disclose this on a UCAS form? I know a C still counts for UCAS points so it would be beneficial to disclose it, and you're supposed to state all GCSE/AS Level/A Level exams you get a grade for, but I don't know if that covers the FSMQ as well since it was an extra exam.

Yes, you have to declare all your results - I have known of 2 people (both medicine applicants but I have no reason to think this will be the only course) who were rejected by a university because they failed to declare a weak GCSE grade (e.g. short course PE, grade C done as an extra) as it marred their string of A* and A. Don't risk it.

Quick Reply

Latest