The Student Room Group

Disaterous AS levels

Hi,

I did a lot worse than i had ever imagined
Biology - D
Chemistry - U
Economics- D
Maths - U

Over the exam period i had shingles (may-mid june) and being a type 1 diabetic it greatly impacted my results.The pain was so bad i was put on nerve supresants The college has said in other words that i do A2 Biololgy and Economics but not many universities accept 2 A2's. Im worried that i might not get into a dcent university to do i course in Biology,Radiography or economics.

Can anyone shed any light as to what i should do?
Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I think especially given that you have a reason for why you did badly that you should redo your AS year, I know it might not be what you want to do but I think it is best. And yes you are right few good unis will accept just two A-Levels if any.
Original post by chem@uni
I think especially given that you have a reason for why you did badly that you should redo your AS year, I know it might not be what you want to do but I think it is best. And yes you are right few good unis will accept just two A-Levels if any.

I have found a college that allows me do the AS and A2 chemistry exams while i do my 2 A2 and and new AS subject and also the IFS Certificate in FInincial Studies which caries the same UMS points as an AS level. Would you still advise me to redo the year?

Reply 3
It sounds like you're gonna have a lot of work to do to bring up those grades, whilst also doing your A2 courses. It would probably be wise to just redo the whole year so you can fully focus on getting your AS's up to scratch and worry about the A2's later.
Original post by AlexJN
It sounds like you're gonna have a lot of work to do to bring up those grades, whilst also doing your A2 courses. It would probably be wise to just redo the whole year so you can fully focus on getting your AS's up to scratch and worry about the A2's later.

I dont think ill be doing the Chemistry AS ans A2 exams so i would only have 2 A2's and a new AS plus the IFS Certificate in finacial studies which has the same UMS points as an AS. This way i wouldnt have to redo the whole year again but im worried i wouldnt get into a decent University

Quick Reply

Latest