Lancaster
Visit website
i'm bringing my laser printer
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I took a printer and didn't regret it, meant I had more time to doss about knowing my essays were printed off and ready to hand in. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Bring your printer! The printers in the library are fab but it's not always easy to get a computer in there, especially around deadline time and inbetween lectures! You also have to buy printer credits...I think it would work out much cheaper to bring your own printer :smile:
Reply 4
i bought an epson printer from the campus computer/cell phone store and it was only £55 and it works fine. a bit slow but hey, it prints... the ink were only £6 for a black one an £7 for color.

If you can afford i'd say it's def worth it. It such a luxury to print stuff off whenever you want, and like katius said, it's not easy to get to a computer in the lib and eventhough there's a printing area there's often a queue. Oh, and also, whenever the computers in the lab run out off ink or paper you just have to wait til it gets refilled which can take some time.
i'd get a laser printer if you can afford it.

the cartridges are about £35/£40 but you get 2500 copies out of them as opposed to the 250 or so out of an inkjet.

i've had mine nearly two years i guess and i'm only on my second cartridge.
Reply 6
salsitas
i bought an epson printer from the campus computer/cell phone store and it was only £55 and it works fine. a bit slow but hey, it prints... the ink were only £6 for a black one an £7 for color.

If you can afford i'd say it's def worth it. It such a luxury to print stuff off whenever you want, and like katius said, it's not easy to get to a computer in the lib and eventhough there's a printing area there's often a queue. Oh, and also, whenever the computers in the lab run out off ink or paper you just have to wait til it gets refilled which can take some time.

does the computer place on campus do discounted cartriges then?
Reply 7
ems33
does the computer place on campus do discounted cartriges then?

I guess, at least they do for epson. I know that the cartridges for my printer are £15-20 in town. Not sure about other brands though.
Reply 8
I won't be bringing one as I won't be able to afford it with my laptop but I'm sure a mate will allow me to use theirs, of course I will pay them for the ink and paper. :smile:
printers don't cost very much at all now.

the laser cost £100 about two years ago. just got a refurb cartridge off ebay for £24 including postage that will do 3000 sheets.

inkjets start from like £30 for the printer.
Reply 10
random_bloke
printers don't cost very much at all now.

the laser cost £100 about two years ago. just got a refurb cartridge off ebay for £24 including postage that will do 3000 sheets.

inkjets start from like £30 for the printer.

Ah I supose £24 isn't bad for your own luxury, I'll have a look on Ebay then. :smile: :biggrin:
I'm definately bringing my printer!!!!!! It's really slow though!
Reply 12
I'd definitely get a cheap Epson inkjet for rough drafts and stuff - cartridges cost peanuts on Ebay.

You can always print final versions of essays on the nice laser jet printers in the library if you have time before the deadline (but they do get busy).
Yea - I think i'll just see how I go, but I do have a tendency to print off loads of essay plans in rough tho

Ah well, my parents will come and visit me end of October n i'll get them to bring up anything that I need/want/realise I can't live without!
Reply 14
think i'm taking a printer/scanner combo. got it free because i'm dyslexic :P
Reply 15
I went down to PC World today to buy one. Got a HP all-on-one model that is a printer and scanner combined for £60. I've tested it and it is perfect (I'm a real quality-control-freak when it comes to electronics, so if something about it was less-than-perfect I would have taken it back). For only £10 extra I was able to get a three-year instant-replacement warranty too, so it was really good value for money.

Latest

Trending

Trending