Anon-
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had a question about the science results for GCSE. I was wondering whether they are given as one single grade or multiple ones, for example, your grade for Unit 1 exam, Unit 2 exam, Unit 1 Controlled assessment, etc. I joined my school in Year 11, so I missed the whole Year 10 curriculum, so I am expecting lower grades for my unit 1 exams, and I don't want it to affect my final grade so much.
Jabberjay_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What exam board did you use?
Anon-
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jabberjay_)
What exam board did you use?
Edexcel.
Jabberjay_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you did only unit 1 and 2 then you will get an additional science gcse, you should also get a core science gcse(based on just unit 1). If you did unit 1, 2 and 3 then you will get a physics, biology and chemistry gcse + core science. Hope that cleared things up.
Anon-
Rep:
?
If you did only unit 1 and 2 then you will get an additional science gcse, you should also get a core science gcse(based on just unit 1). If you did unit 1, 2 and 3 then you will get a physics, biology and chemistry gcse + core science. Hope that cleared things up.
Wait, so is the Additional Science GCSE only the Unit 2 exam or is Unit 1 and Unit 2 combined?
Jabberjay_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anon-)
Wait, so is the Additional Science GCSE only the Unit 2 exam or is Unit 1 and Unit 2 combined?
I think its just unit 2.
Anon-
Rep:
?
I think its just unit 2.
Yeah I think so too, I went on the Results Plus page and it had two sciences, "2SC01 SCIENCE" and "2SA01 ADDITIONAL SCIENCE"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.22%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.22%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.33%

Watched Threads