The Student Room Group

New grades with remark

Having remarked economics and maths I obtained ABB. Before this I missed my offer as I got BBC.

York were my insurance that rejected me, but I have met their clearing grades, should I be entitled to an offer now?
I don't know but GO AND TRY! It won't do anything waiting here asking other students because everyone's situation is different. All you need to do is convince one person to give you a chance so don't waste time pondering here and go out and try cos clearing places fill up very fast!

Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charliesmith18
Having remarked economics and maths I obtained ABB. Before this I missed my offer as I got BBC.

York were my insurance that rejected me, but I have met their clearing grades, should I be entitled to an offer now?

No, you are not 'entitled' to a place because even with a remark you missed their offer of AAB. I see that Economics is no longer listed on the York clearing page, but you just might get lucky if you present a well-argued case to someone with decision-making authority.
Reply 3
Original post by charliesmith18

Phone them and try. If that doesn't work get your parents to drive to York and try and see the people in person. Its worth trying. See the central admissions team. See the faculty team.
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending