The Student Room Group

The double standards on Jezebeel. Why western feminism is useless.

http://jezebel.com/disney-dudes-dicks-what-your-favorite-princes-look-lik-1621694437
This link goes to an article comparing the penises of the Disney princes and yes, you just read that last sentence right. Substitute the princes for the princesses and dicks for boobs or vaginas and you have an article that would not see the light of day on any mainstream news site. EVER. I'm not saying that women shouldn't be allowed to do this but the reactions when men do it is simply disproportional.

Scroll to see replies

Wait..are you saying that feminists are showing double standards and hypocracy?
I cant believe that, especially the gals over at jez. They are such fair minded individuals.
Reply 2
Loool. This is just for those TSR feminists who always use NAFALT as a get out of jail free card. This shows that this is really a problem with western feminism in general.
western feminism is a cancer
The article is just a joke, chill.

And no, I wouldn't care if a similar article was made about cartoon titties
Modern day feminists everyone....
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Lol so true, save your energy for the bigger issues guys, I mean complaining about trivial non-issues...sorts like what you attack western feminism for, don't want to be hypocrites now do we?

Also if men did it it wouldn't ever be on mainstream news sites, is Jezebel a mainstream news site? Looks like a women's gossip magazine...

Couldn't find an obvious disney princess tits article in fairness, but erm...among the first results suggest there's certainly a market for them...
Reply 7
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I'm okay with the article, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm just pointing out double standards. The reaction when men do it is simply uncalled for.
Reply 8
Original post by joey11223
Lol so true, save your energy for the bigger issues guys, I mean complaining about trivial non-issues...sorts like what you attack western feminism for, don't want to be hypocrites now do we?

Also if men did it it wouldn't ever be on mainstream news sites, is Jezebel a mainstream news site? Looks like a women's gossip magazine...

Couldn't find an obvious disney princess tits article in fairness, but erm...among the first results suggest there's certainly a market for them...

I'm okay with the article. Just pointing out the double standards.
Original post by Chike
I'm okay with the article. Just pointing out the double standards.

What double standards lol? You think mens mags wouldn't do a similar thing if anyone could be arsed? Jezebel is a womans gossip magazine like closer, ok magazine etc, it's not mainstresm news, that would be like my calling Nuts magazine mainstream news.

I mean if you want I could link to the fourth google result I got, I mean are we going to complain that female disney characters have a **** load more sexual images made of them, some of them incredibly disturbing?
Reply 10
Original post by joey11223
What double standards lol? You think mens mags wouldn't do a similar thing if anyone could be arsed? Jezebel is a womans gossip magazine like closer, ok magazine etc, it's not mainstresm news, that would be like my calling Nuts magazine mainstream news.

I mean if you want I could link to the fourth google result I got, I mean are we going to complain that female disney characters have a **** load more sexual images made of them, some of them incredibly disturbing?

I mean mainstream in terms of feminist media. Jezebel is well known for being feminist. My problem is that the same people that complain about sexual objectification turn around and do the same. Double Standards.
Original post by Chike
Substitute the princes for the princesses and dicks for boobs or vaginas and you have an article that would not see the light of day on any mainstream news site.

And as Jezebel is hardly a mainstream news site anyway, that would prove nothing.
Reply 12
Original post by anarchism101
And as Jezebel is hardly a mainstream news site anyway, that would prove nothing.

mainstream feminist site
Original post by Chike
mainstream feminist site

So you're saying the fact that there aren't articles featuring naked pictures of females animated characters on major feminist websites is a double standard?

Aside from the point that this article is clearly tongue-in-cheek.
Reply 14
The fact that they kick up a fuss when men do it is my problem. If you see no problem in doing it, then, why should you have any problem with men doing it?
Original post by Chike
The fact that they kick up a fuss when men do it is my problem. If you see no problem in doing it, then, why should you have any problem with men doing it?

Ah got ya, fair enough. Albeit it does depend if we're talking real people or cartoons. Although it's a little hypocritical to complain about objectifying women then doing the same to male cartoon characters, It's not the same as doing it to men. So for true double standards I'd want to see them complaining about objectifying female cartoon characters.
Reply 16
Original post by Chike
http://jezebel.com/disney-dudes-dicks-what-your-favorite-princes-look-lik-1621694437
This link goes to an article comparing the penises of the Disney princes and yes, you just read that last sentence right. Substitute the princes for the princesses and dicks for boobs or vaginas and you have an article that would not see the light of day on any mainstream news site. EVER. I'm not saying that women shouldn't be allowed to do this but the reactions when men do it is simply disproportional.

Reply 17

It's almost like you didn't read the thread. I have no problem with the article. I'm simply pointing out double standards. When men do it, there is so much backlash. The same people complaining then do the same thing. Hypocrisy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to examine those links.
Reply 18
Original post by Chike
I mean mainstream in terms of feminist media. Jezebel is well known for being feminist. My problem is that the same people that complain about sexual objectification turn around and do the same. Double Standards.

The hint is in their name. The main agenda of Jezebel & modern feminism is sexual revolution for females. The freedom to express sexuality without shamed. The easiest example is the way Men are encouraged to brag about their sex life and multiple partners but women are encouraged to pose as Virgin Marys. That is why there is a need for feminism. But as a man, sexism hardly ever affects you negatively but you are just too blind to see it.

What are feminists stances on women who are promiscuous? They seem to embrace it and use the male double standards to justify it. It's not a positive trait in women or men to sleep around with as many people as possible. Sure there are times guys brag about how many women they've been with, but if someone's only been with one woman their entire life that's something to be proud of in my opinion. Modern women have become disease ridden street walkers because they've had so many sexual partners am I the only one who find's that unattractive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending