alexiaplz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone know when we get either of these?

For the reading, I know there are lists at the uni's bookstores depending on the modules but.. what if you dont even know how modules really work or what you're taking yet?
RainReader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexiaplz)
Does anyone know when we get either of these?

For the reading, I know there are lists at the uni's bookstores depending on the modules but.. what if you dont even know how modules really work or what you're taking yet?
If you are studying a humanities subject there should be a link to the modules on the 'your Exeter' page which will give you a rough idea, but it might make sense not to get anything yet until you know for certain. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

What are you studying?
Chrisxzh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So we should simply wait till classes officially start on the 22th sept eh?
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Chrisxzh)
So we should simply wait till classes officially start on the 22th sept eh?
I'm not really sure, perhaps there will be more information soon? :dontknow:
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
(Original post by RainReader)
If you are studying a humanities subject there should be a link to the modules on the 'your Exeter' page which will give you a rough idea, but it might make sense not to get anything yet until you know for certain. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

What are you studying?

I'm studying english lit + visual culture!

However I havent been able to get in at myexeter page thing.. I dont know where to sign up nor have I gotten any type of login information. My ucas info wont work either.
I read somewhere that it only opened up when the term started so I figured it wasnt a problem?
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm studying english lit + visual culture!

However I havent been able to get in at myexeter page thing.. I dont know where to sign up nor have I gotten any type of login information. My ucas info wont work either.
I read somewhere that it only opened up when the term started so I figured it wasnt a problem?
Hmm, that's odd? I am studying English Literature and Art History however so might be able to help you out on some of the modules!

For Art History and Visual Culture they recommended reading:

-Dana Arnold 'A Very Short Introduction to Art History' (though as you are doing the Visual Culture part of the course this one might be unnecessary)

-Sunil Manghani 'Image Studies: Theory and Practice'

Hope that helps If you would like the English recommendations just ask and I'll try and find out.
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
Hmm, that's odd? I am studying English Literature and Art History however so might be able to help you out on some of the modules!

For Art History and Visual Culture they recommended reading:

-Dana Arnold 'A Very Short Introduction to Art History' (though as you are doing the Visual Culture part of the course this one might be unnecessary)

-Sunil Manghani 'Image Studies: Theory and Practice'

Hope that helps If you would like the English recommendations just ask and I'll try and find out.

Thank you! I have actually recieved an english recommended reading aswell as the visual culture one - however they remain just recommended ones, and not mandatory. That being said, I have looked at a few of the recommended ones aswell just to get a good idea of the course.
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you! I have actually recieved an english recommended reading aswell as the visual culture one - however they remain just recommended ones, and not mandatory. That being said, I have looked at a few of the recommended ones aswell just to get a good idea of the course.
Ah I see. As for mandatory reading I only have a list for one of the English modules 'Beginnings', but I'm not really sure how concrete it is :s Hopefully there will be more information soon
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
Ah I see. As for mandatory reading I only have a list for one of the English modules 'Beginnings', but I'm not really sure how concrete it is :s Hopefully there will be more information soon

yep, found that one! figured I would wait before buying them all and realising they're not the right ones..

I just sent an email to the humanities section, so if I do get a response about it I will be sure to update here !
Thanks
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yep, found that one! figured I would wait before buying them all and realising they're not the right ones..

I just sent an email to the humanities section, so if I do get a response about it I will be sure to update here !
Thanks
Yes, I thought that too. That would be really helpful
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
Reply:

"Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in responding. You will shortly be receiving an email from the College of Humanities which will have the link to information on both English and Visual Culture. This will include joining instructions and any mandatory reading prior to starting the course, as well as reading lists for core modules. If in any doubt don’t buy – we don’t want you spending money on books that you may not need!
I hope this is helpful and we look forward to seeing you in September!"

So I guess we will get it soon, for humanities stuff
Starrydog
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's an English page for this year on FB where someone has uploaded our reading list as they live nearby and got it from the bookstore!
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Starrydog)
There's an English page for this year on FB where someone has uploaded our reading list as they live nearby and got it from the bookstore!

ohh could I get a link to the page??
Starrydog
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ohh could I get a link to the page??

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1446228422326360/
Lyncath
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I seem to recall getting timetables for the first term just before Fresher's Week.

As for mandatory reading, I'm a third year and have not bought a single book relating to my course (History) as the campus library is fantastic and odds-are will have what you need in. Having said that if a book is absolutely essential and your seminar tutor hammers this point in over and over it might be worth getting it from Amazon or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads