The Student Room Group

Biomedical Engineering 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Is "Biomedical" engineering the same as "Medical" engineering, as i see medical engineering on many university websites.
Hey guys! It's nice to see that there are actually other interested in this course! :smile: I've applied for Oxford, imperial, leeds, glasgow and Sheffield. I've had offers from glasgow and Sheffield and have an interview at Leeds in January. Good Luck all! :smile:
Original post by Kill3er
Is "Biomedical" engineering the same as "Medical" engineering, as i see medical engineering on many university websites.

Yeah, at imperial's open day, they said the course has a lot of names. Bioengineering, biomedical engineering, medical engineering....
Original post by Mochas&cream
Yeah, at imperial's open day, they said the course has a lot of names. Bioengineering, biomedical engineering, medical engineering....

Cool, thanks.
I'm also applying for medical engineering!

I'm thinking Leeds, Glasgow and Sheffield.

Any other good universities for it that is NOT in London ??
(too expensive for my liking)

Goodluck everyone!:smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Elle100
Hey :smile: I also applied for BME at Imperial, UCL and KCL have you heard anything back yet?

Sorry for a late reply! I haven't received any offers from them yet, only acknowledgement emails.
Original post by Densanity

Cardiff does medical engineering too :smile:
Reply 27

Southampton but the course is called mechanical/biomedical engineering
Would you know pros/cons about Leeds and Southampton universities? I can't seem to make my mind up between the two for medical engineering. It seems so that Southampton is ranked more highly academically but only very slight.. Don't know anything about the quality of student life..
Original post by Elle100
Hey :smile: I also applied for BME at Imperial, UCL and KCL have you heard anything back yet?

I'm only applying to Imperial out of those but I've had an invitation for an interview :smile:
I'm sure you'll hear something soon!!
Reply 30
Original post by greenladybird
I'm only applying to Imperial out of those but I've had an invitation for an interview :smile:

Good luck for your interview! :biggrin:
Original post by peterith
Good luck for your interview! :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin: It will be a skype interview so have no idea when I'll be doing it...
I have an interview at imperial for biomedical engineering :smile:
Hey! I'm sending my ucas application away next week for biomedical engineering at Glasgow and Strathclyde! 😋 Fingers crossed!
Reply 34
Congratulations! When are your Imperial interviews?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pm110
Congratulations! When are your Imperial interviews?

Mine is on the 26th November so only had 2 weeks notice! Looking forward to going back to imperial :smile:
Original post by Mochas&cream
Mine is on the 26th November so only had 2 weeks notice! Looking forward to going back to imperial :smile:

Hey i have mine on the same day! i'll see you there:wink:
it was supposed to be on the 5th but i had to rearrange the interview because i had an exam on that day, so iv had a little bit more time to prepare for it :tongue:
Reply 37
Would you know pros/cons about Leeds and Southampton universities? I can't seem to make my mind up between the two for medical engineering. It seems so that Southampton is ranked more highly academically but only very slight.. Don't know anything about the quality of student life..

A friend of mine is at Southampton and fell totally in love with it. She told me student life is amazing and everybody is soooo nice
Reply 38
Original post by greenladybird

Good luck hope everything goes well :smile:
Original post by jessica1728
Hey i have mine on the same day! i'll see you there:wink:
it was supposed to be on the 5th but i had to rearrange the interview because i had an exam on that day, so iv had a little bit more time to prepare for it :tongue:

I guess I will! :smile: by any chance was it the PAT test you did on the 5th?

Quick Reply

Latest