How Do I Cure My (Almost Racial) Fetish?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a really big thing for German guys :lol: I have a couple of German acquaintances, but don't know many German people, and the country and culture fascinates me though unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit yet.

I think I may just be falling for the German male stereotype (strong, masculine, logical, mature etc.) as I'm quite feminine (I'm half East Asian) and old-fashioned and tend to go for guys who are masculine too lol. I also have a major thing for blond guys and apparently there are quite a few in Germany.

Mods, please keep anon or delete for obvious reasons

and nobody be a smartass and post pics of Hitler :ninja:
aka r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
why would you want to cure it lol? there is nothing wrong with finding german guys more attractive
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aka r)
why would you want to cure it lol? there is nothing wrong with finding german guys more attractive
I know haha But I hardly know any, and even if I went to Germany I'm sure most guys wouldn't even fit the stereotype lol
aka r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know haha But I hardly know any, and even if I went to Germany I'm sure most guys wouldn't even fit the stereotype lol
haha yeah i was thinking i know a few german guys and they dont really fit the masculine,strong,logical stereotype you are talking about lol :laugh: but i guess there must be some out there
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What's that supposed to mean?
hahaha I know exactly what you mean... but in reality a lot of German guys I've came across are not all that. And even the hot ones aren't worth the time, in my experience
username931319
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go to Germany and realise it's a mass generalisation and the vast majority are just normative. As is with every other hominid on earth.
Entangled
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a really big thing for German guys :lol:
If those films I've seen are to be believed, they might have something big for you too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by aka r)
haha yeah i was thinking i know a few german guys and they dont really fit the masculine,strong,logical stereotype you are talking about lol :laugh: but i guess there must be some out there
Haha What are they like, then?

I don't think it's just the whole "masculine" thing (I'm mostly indifferent to how "masculine" a, say, British or American guy is), I just love the country and culture too lol.

(Original post by Meduza)
hahaha I know exactly what you mean... but in reality a lot of German guys I've came across are not all that. And even the hot ones aren't worth the time, in my experience
Lol, how so?

(Original post by [COLOR=#505050)
AntisthenesDogger[/COLOR]]Go to Germany and realise it's a mass generalisation and the vast majority are just normative. As is with every other hominid on earth.

This is actually a great idea. I've been dying to visit for a while (but won't get the chance for a few months at least, work commitments) so am not sure how much my desire for German guys is tied up with my desire for all things German. Lol.

(Original post by shrn)
x
Are you about two? :rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Entangled)
If those films I've seen are to be believed, they might have something big for you too.
:toofunny: Oh lawd you are funny
Meduza
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Lol, how so?

Not a bf type if you know what I mean and did you hear about them being extremely horny and sex-obsessed?
rachrl03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a really big thing for German guys :lol: I have a couple of German acquaintances, but don't know many German people, and the country and culture fascinates me though unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit yet.

I think I may just be falling for the German male stereotype (strong, masculine, logical, mature etc.) as I'm quite feminine (I'm half East Asian) and old-fashioned and tend to go for guys who are masculine too lol. I also have a major thing for blond guys and apparently there are quite a few in Germany.

Mods, please keep anon or delete for obvious reasons

and nobody be a smartass and post pics of Hitler :ninja:
Basically what you need to realise is that the stereotype isn't true. Some German guys might fit the stereotype and some might not... It really depends on the individual. I've been to Germany 3x and I have relatives there and honestly German guys are all different. It's like when films (usually American?) portray 'British' guys as being posh, polite, intelligent and gentlemanly... Not to say that some aren't But it's really just a stereotype that's not even true for the most part.

The traits that you said you liked could be found in guys from a lot of different countries. I think you would need to visit Germany first to really see that the people are all different! It's a really cool place though, Berlin especially is one of my favourite cities I've ever been to
Anonymous #1
Not a bf type if you know what I mean and did you hear about them being extremely horny and sex-obsessed?
Ahhhh yes I do

That's not a bad thing TBH. I'm not really one for short-term flings, completely the opposite, but I'm slightly... er, nympho-esque too. :getmecoat:

I've read on a lot of sites that German guys tend to be fairly reserved/unwilling to chase women, though?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rachrl03)
Basically what you need to realise is that the stereotype isn't true. Some German guys might fit the stereotype and some might not... It really depends on the individual. I've been to Germany 3x and I have relatives there and honestly German guys are all different. It's like when films (usually American?) portray 'British' guys as being posh, polite, intelligent and gentlemanly... Not to say that some aren't But it's really just a stereotype that's not even true for the most part.

The traits that you said you liked could be found in guys from a lot of different countries. I think you would need to visit Germany first to really see that the people are all different! It's a really cool place though, Berlin especially is one of my favourite cities I've ever been to
Yeah, I guess so. Stereotypes might contain a grain of truth sometimes, but people are all individuals, ofc

That's true! I've decided to visit Berlin just before Christmas, as I really like the country and culture too I don't care so much about how "masculine" guys are generally though (e.g. British/American guys). I think it's the whole combination of the culture/country/accent I like as well as just the supposed common personality traits
Meduza
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahhhh yes I do

That's not a bad thing TBH. I'm not really one for short-term flings, completely the opposite, but I'm slightly... er, nympho-esque too. :getmecoat:

I've read on a lot of sites that German guys tend to be fairly reserved/unwilling to chase women, though?
yes from my experience they like to be chased! so what are you going to do about the desire?
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's nothing wrong with your attraction of German guys.
Anonymous #1
yes from my experience they like to be chased! so what are you going to do about the desire?
So they won't chase a girl as much? That sucks

Defo visiting Germany this autumn, I wanted to go anyway :yep: Maybe I'll learn a little of the language too. My friends are busy for the next few months so I'll be like a single girl in a candy shop :gah:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by inachigeek21)
There's nothing wrong with your attraction of German guys.
I know haha, it's just mostly based on stereotypes/I wanted some advice (I know realistically they won't all be like Germany from that anime Hetalia lol)
inachigeek21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know haha, it's just mostly based on stereotypes/I wanted some advice (I know realistically they won't all be like Germany from that anime Hetalia lol)
Don't worry, trust me you're not alone on that matter. We desire things we perceive in media or anything else correlated to media.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Don't worry, trust me you're not alone on that matter. I find Koreans and Japanese people attractive, haha. Is that weird? We desire things we perceive in media or anything else correlated to media.
Yeah, I'm half East Asian so I've had to deal with my fair share of stereotyping myself :lol: Kind of understandable though lol.

Apparently most German guys aren't even blond though :cry2:
It's a Classic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And on topic: There's nothing wrong with it. I've been to Germany before because my uncle lives there. I've also learned quite a bit of the language because I love the accent and how sophisticated it can sound. You'd agree. Ja?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed