The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Computer Science at St Andrews

How good is st Andrew's to study computer science?? I'm thinking of applying there for 2015 and really fancy it but i'm not sure if it is actually good for computer science compared to the other unis i'm applying for (Durham, Imperial or Birmingham)
Original post by xBracey
How good is st Andrew's to study computer science?? I'm thinking of applying there for 2015 and really fancy it but i'm not sure if it is actually good for computer science compared to the other unis i'm applying for (Durham, Imperial or Birmingham)

My brother studies computing science there and he thinks it's amazing. He could not be happier.

The complete university guide lists St Andrews as 4th for computing science, behind Cambridge, Imperial and Oxford.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Computer%20Science
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Bumping old thread as i might be applying for 2015. Anyone else going?
I got an unconditional. Really want to go but don't think I can afford the accommodation :frown:
Reply 4
Its awesome! The teaching is amazing and the department is really nice facility-wise. I'm currently a 5th year doing Computer Science and I love it.

In terms of opportunity I wouldn't say you get anything more by going to Oxbridge/Imperial.

We have a big hacking community as well run by the society which is getting quite big now if you like that kinda thing. Note, by hacking I mean the traditional sense not the meaning that is implied when its used in the media.

I couldn't honestly have asked for anymore, I switched degree from Chemistry and haven't looked back!

Original post by Hollywood1997
I got an unconditional. Really want to go but don't think I can afford the accommodation :frown:

Look at bursaries, I'm pretty sure they have some especially for people in your situation. Also, contact the student services and see if they can do anything for you. I don't think they you would want you to go somewhere else because you cannot afford the accommodation.

Alternatively, it is possible to get a job during term-time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending