The Student Room Group

Private accommodation and freshers??

Hi!

I'm studying at the University of Glasgow from september, and as I went through clearing. I'm likely to miss the deadline for halls meaning either I'll have to get private accommodation or I'll be placed somewhere with the halls that other people dont want, which are likely to be not as nice and far from campus.

I have a few questions about this (any responses greatly appreciated!)

1) the accommodation I'm looking at are private student halls - are they likely to be predominantly first years? or older?

2) am I going to have difficulty making friends in private halls?

3) will I have people to go to freshers with? or will it ruin my experience?

4) finally, do you recommend I take whatever halls they give me, or stick with private?

5) if private, can anyone recommend any good ones?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Hiya,

I don't think private student halls are any different to University halls really, you still get to meet lots of other students who will be in the same situation as yourself. You won't miss out on freshers :smile:

If I was you I would consider the type of accommodation you would feel comfortable in. So are you looking for shared accommodation? Would it need to be ensuite? Close to University? Etc. Once you have this list you can start looking for suitable accommodation.

Just to let you know, I work for a company called DIGS. We have a site in Glasgow called Kelvingrove House. It consists of 116 rooms a mix of clusters and studios starting from £140 per week all inclusive. Its in Glasgow's West End and its brand new for this year. The site has WiFi and high speed internet, large en-sute rooms, it is close to the major Uni's and has an on site Tesco's.

I am on annual leave for a week from today so if you need any further information please see our website www.digkelvingrove.co.uk or you can contact us on 01412 310710.

I hope you find the right accommodation for you. All the best with your future studies.

Katy DIGS :smile:

I hope you find an accommodation site that is just right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest