The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Whitworth Park 2014

Sorry if this has been posted, but I have searched the threads and not found anything. Anyone in Whitworth Park? (Remember don't post your flat number or anything. This forum is still part of the internet :smile:)

Edit : Ignore the smiley face, I just realized it looks a bit creepy.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i just received an email to say ill be in whitworth park!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
How am I meant to find my flatmates if I don't post my flat :frown: I'm in Whitworth Park though guys :cheers:
Reply 3
Original post by Leah66
i just received an email to say ill be in whitworth park!

Original post by Jordanap
How am I meant to find my flatmates if I don't post my flat :frown: I'm in Whitworth Park though guys :cheers:

Cool, which building are you both in? I'm in Garstang I think
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StarRattler
Cool, which building are you both in? I'm in Garstang I think

Don't know what Garstang is but I'm AB.01.11.087
Reply 5
AB. 02.03.024? What does that even mean! Hahah
Original post by Leah66

I think it's aberdeen house - 2nd floor (3rd level because of G being ground floor) 3rd flat the 24th person?
Reply 7
Don't know what Garstang is but I'm AB.01.11.087

Original post by Leah66

I believe the letters refer to the building, and AB is Aberdeen house.
(I think the the numbers refer to the flat, floor and the room number in that order)

Edit: Ignore the flat, floor, room number thing I think it's wrong :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
It's so confusing :s-smilie:
Reply 9
where are you guys from!
Heeeeey! I'll be at Whitworth :smile: DI, 2nd floor, flat 24! Bit gutted I didn't get a basin but glad I got the place :biggrin: x
Original post by Leah66
where are you guys from!

I'm already from Manchester :biggrin:
Original post by flyyoufools
Heeeeey! I'll be at Whitworth :smile: DI, 2nd floor, flat 24! Bit gutted I didn't get a basin but glad I got the place :biggrin: x

Cool :smile:
Reply 13
I'm from Ireland! Haha
To clear the numbers up, from Origami:

"It varies a lot between halls, but the code will probably look something like this: BE.2.32.106 (this example is from Oak House). The first two letters refer to the court that you will be in (there are usually several buildings within each hall), so in this case Beech. The next number refers to the floor that you will be on, so in this case second. If it says G, then it means Ground. For international students, the British system of counting floors goes Ground (i.e. that which is at street level) and then 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. The following two numbers refer to the flat that you'll be in, so in this case flat 32. The final three letters refer to what room you're in, so in this case room 106."

So the letters are the court. The first number (or G) is your floor. The second number is your flat. The last number is your room.
(edited 9 years ago)

I've posted my flat, just not my room number cause I guess if someone seriously wanted to stalk me they'd have to go all pot-luck with 7ish people :L plus it's a gated place so I'm not too worried. Idk if it's allowed but meh.

Original post by Leah66
where are you guys from!

North Wales :smile: x
Burleigh house anyone? :biggrin: or doing geography?
Original post by Leah66
I'm from Ireland! Haha

Do you have a thick accent? :eek:
Just got my email, AB.02.15! Was starting to get a bit worried, everyone else seemed to have heard days ago :L
Reply 19
Do you have a thick accent? :eek:

I have no idea! Just a normal one I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending