Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by barbiegirl)
    i didnt get a* in art no one did in my year..then the following yr 15 ppl did..cos edexcel r weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got 100% in as art last yr though
    seriously something messed up with AQA's moderators last year because my only lost like 3 marks but only got an A!!!!! Im sorry but that is ridiculous...
    im getting scared about my AS art now..i worked so hard but im worried that it wasnt enough :confused:

ReputationRep:
    its the same with me, i think i lose too many marks on the written work

(Original post by blackzombies)
    its the same with me, i think i lose too many marks on the written work
    im hoping that my written work was ok, our teacher gave us a really great formula for writing critical studies so it was really detailed-it was called the rod taylor formula or something anyone else ever heard of it?

ReputationRep:
    i think to get an a* you have to do really random, off the wall things! i got an a* and i think its cos my stuff was different. when our topic was war and conflict, everyone else did cliched pictures of barbed wire, helmets and the like. i did an aerial view of the allied bombing of dresden overlayed on a map of germany and pinnned it up on a board as if it was a military plan.
    the moderator must have thought finally, a piece that doesn't involve barbed wire!

it helps to do loads of prepwork, and explain EVERYTHING you do!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother, if I were you. The moderation is completely arbitrary.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.