The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

barbiegirl
i didnt get a* in art no one did in my year..then the following yr 15 ppl did..cos edexcel r weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got 100% in as art last yr though

seriously something messed up with AQA's moderators last year because my only lost like 3 marks but only got an A!!!!! Im sorry but that is ridiculous...
im getting scared about my AS art now..i worked so hard but im worried that it wasnt enough :confused:
its the same with me, i think i lose too many marks on the written work
blackzombies
its the same with me, i think i lose too many marks on the written work

im hoping that my written work was ok, our teacher gave us a really great formula for writing critical studies so it was really detailed-it was called the rod taylor formula or something anyone else ever heard of it?
i think to get an a* you have to do really random, off the wall things! i got an a* and i think its cos my stuff was different. when our topic was war and conflict, everyone else did cliched pictures of barbed wire, helmets and the like. i did an aerial view of the allied bombing of dresden overlayed on a map of germany and pinnned it up on a board as if it was a military plan.
the moderator must have thought finally, a piece that doesn't involve barbed wire!

it helps to do loads of prepwork, and explain EVERYTHING you do! :smile:
I wouldn't bother, if I were you. The moderation is completely arbitrary.

Latest

Trending

Trending