Wearing dresses everyday Watch

DaivaPuthri
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
What would you guys say about wearing dresses everyday? It has only been one year since I have gone dress-crazy. I used to wear jeans at sixth form, but fell in love with dresses when I was doing my shopping for Year 1 uni. Now, I wear dresses on all occassions and in all weathers because I find it difficult to look good in jeans. I always wear them with leggings underneath (even in the summer) because I come from a conservative family. In the past, some of friends have made comments like 'you always dress posh, don't you?' and stuff like that. What would you say about wearing dresses in all weathers and all occassions? Thanks and all opinions are heavily welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexiaplz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think dresses are real lovely - and cant blame anyone for wanting to look good right? Plus if you like them, all the better! What others say shouldnt matter.

I worry about this too (I feel like when I wear dresses it looks very out of place? too formal) - but I figure, the more you wear dresses casually, the more natural they seem on you. And I have huge admiration if you can wear dresses out in winter! Haha
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DaivaPuthri)
Hello,
What would you guys say about wearing dresses everyday? It has only been one year since I have gone dress-crazy. I used to wear jeans at sixth form, but fell in love with dresses when I was doing my shopping for Year 1 uni. Now, I wear dresses on all occassions and in all weathers because I find it difficult to look good in jeans. I always wear them with leggings underneath (even in the summer) because I come from a conservative family. In the past, some of friends have made comments like 'you always dress posh, don't you?' and stuff like that. What would you say about wearing dresses in all weathers and all occassions? Thanks and all opinions are heavily welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wear dresses most days. I really dislike wearing trousers, I find them really uncomfortable. I also wear them throughout the winter, often with leggings and boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hollieeilloh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wear dresses a lot, just mainly skater t-shirt style dresses. It's funny, my flatmates would only wear dresses clubbing or whatever, but I love wearing them all the time. So comfortable, plus I guess they are more feminine.
scorpion95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nothing wrong with wearing dresses all the time, I wear skirts and dresses all the time. As long as your happy and comfortable wearing dresses all the time then there isn't anything wrong with that
WhiteWarrior
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think there's something wrong. I wear dresses and skirts almost everyday. It's been two years since I started. If you feel comfortable I can't see a reason not to wear them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heguien
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yah.. that's are really great funny quoted about wearing dresses.. I am also ask you why we wearing dresses everyday ?
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I always wear dresses, don't own jeans. I get people telling me they look nice
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbh I wear skirts/dresses 90% of the time. I feel prettier in them
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wear them all the time too! Nothing wrong with it if you're comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmilyD237
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm another who nearly always wears skirts or dresses - think I wore jeans once in the last year.
pinkbullets
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wear dresses quite a lot of the time especially in the summer. I find them really comfortable and I love being bare legged when it's hot. I don't think there's anything wrong with it and I certainly never look at people wearing dresses and think anything negative about it. I would do it all the time but sometimes I just really want to hide away in skinny jeans and hoodies. I go from one extreme to another, mostly because I really don't like wearing tights in the winter. I guess I should maybe consider leggings as an alternative?
Niamhrado
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry I am the same, I wear dresses all the time, even if I am just popping out to the shops. I'm packing for uni at the moment and taking loads of dresses with me, although I'll be taking a few jeans and casual clothes as well. To be honest if you feel good in what you wear then it's absolutely fine - confidence is attractive! Don't feel like you have to change your style just because of what other people think, although it sounds like people have been complimenting you more than anything. Also I personally would much rather be overdressed than underdressed; at least it shows you have put in some effort
Sicaspeak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My thighs and hips are naturally not on the small side and I just feel I look really frumpy when wearing trousers - they just seem to accentuate the bad bits! :rolleyes: I find that I look and feel so much better about myself when wearing dresses and skirts (particularly ones that end just above the knee, they really make my legs look so much slimmer) so I am much more likely to wear skirts and dresses than trousers. More comfy too!
sim12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i love dresses! whether they r formal or casual they r really good. I too think a dress in winter - ppl saying looking posh, nice etc... feels good
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Although I still mostly wear jeans I have been wearing dresses more over the past year during the daytime. I usually get people telling me that I look nice when I wear one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Allondon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

as a man I think wearing dresses and skirts makes a person more individual and constantly wearing trousers means they have legs to hide!

I do not consider leggings an elegant wear but this is just my personal opinion you asked for!

Hope everyone enjoys looking nice and being noticed.
Norin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love wearing dresses, i believe that i got good legs so why not show them off?
Izzyforyouandme
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wear pretty much only skirts and dresses and it's so much nicer, even in the winter with black tights. Sometimes if I am feeling lazy I'll wear high waisted jeans but I usually stick to skirts and dresses. I've recently brought the nicest casual dress from Boohoo too.

izzyforyouandme.blogspot.co.uk

Check out my blog for tips or just to see what I mean!
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally being a bloke I reckon a dress one would look a bit odd. But all jokeimg aside I love girls in a dress I find it really sexy and op in the Summer don't be afraid to let your legs breath there's nothing indecent about having bare legs if there was you would never see legs on TV.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads