The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Linear Maths 1MA0 Grade Boundaries June 2014 (Higher & Foundation)

Scroll to see replies

I hope I got enough for a B. I calculated 94 overall with harsh marking for myself. Do they give a lot of marks for working out? 😐😦
I don't suppose you have the IGCSE grade boundaries also do you? Thanks
Reply 62
After 12:01am could you possibly release AQA Grade Boundaries?
Reply 63
Original post by Mr M
Here they are gang!

On previous past grade boundaries, there's been a grade for E on the higher? How come it's not for this year?
How is it fair that grade boundaries for a A are 5 marks higher then last year when this paper was considered harder? This is a absolute disgrace.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 65
Would 149/150 be considered as a 'high A grade'?
Original post by jarjarmonkey
How is it fair that grade boundaries for a A are 5 marks higher then last year when this paper was considered harder? This is a absolute disgrace.

It wasn't considered harder by Edexcel and Ofqual.
Reply 67
Original post by gavss

F*** knows
If my calculations are correct I have just managed to get a B. I think I got about 96/97 out of 200.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Mr M
It wasn't considered harder by Edexcel and Ofqual.

Reply 70
Original post by James2810
If my calculations are correct I have just managed to get a B. I think I got about 96/97 out of 200.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woo!!! I'm pretty sure I've got an A*!! Thank you thank you thank you! Mr M, you are the best teacher ever!
Original post by gavss

It is almost exactly in the middle of the A band.
Original post by Myst0x
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I worked so hard last year to get a B. Maths is the only subject that I would be disappointed with getting a C in since I got a C in year 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by jarjarmonkey

Yeah it's f****^ bs.
Original post by AIVARB
Yeah it's f****^ bs.

Students obviously performed better this year round, hence the rise in boundaries.

The difficulty of the paper is not the only determining factor for the boundaries. :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Mr M
It is almost exactly in the middle of the A band.

Is it good enough for further maths?, considering I under performed due to illness ( not sure if that counts for anything though). Can I study further maths with this mark? Thanks
I am now hopeful of a C.
Original post by AIVARB
Yeah it's f****^ bs.

Dont swear please
The Gove effect people, that's why the boundaries have been raised...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending