Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm doing my comparative essay on 100 Years of Solitude and Leo Africanus...the theme is, "A comparison of the realtionship of lust to the actions of the main characters." and my thesis is. "Lust is a main motivating factor in the actions of people, what is each author trying 2 show us by the use of lust"...

I've got the main idea, but I'm kind of stuck....If there are any IB students out there who are familiar with either of those books or just have any ideas on how 2 work my essay, ur help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    -Farewelltoromeo

ReputationRep:
    hey there, I actually did a sort of extended essay on "the love-death cycle in 100 years of solitude", and I might be able to get some information o the sexuality on 100 years of solitude, if you tell me what it is exaclty that you are looking for then I could get some info.

ReputationRep:
    I basically just need information on lust in 100 years of solitude and lust as a motivating factor in the actions of the Buendia family...not just lust in a sexual sense, but lust for power etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farewelltoromeo)
    Hey,

I'm doing my comparative essay on 100 Years of Solitude and Leo Africanus...the theme is, "A comparison of the realtionship of lust to the actions of the main characters." and my thesis is. "Lust is a main motivating factor in the actions of people, what is each author trying 2 show us by the use of lust"...

I've got the main idea, but I'm kind of stuck....If there are any IB students out there who are familiar with either of those books or just have any ideas on how 2 work my essay, ur help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    -Farewelltoromeo
    I have heard that "100 years to solitude" is a great book...what did you guys think about it? It is on my list of "Things to do after my IB exams"...

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.