Help - I'm looking to move to uni with my partner but I'm a student and he isn't

Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, come September I will be a student studying at UWE, Bristol and so I am looking to move to the area with my partner. Whilst this seems to be a reasonable statement I am finding it near impossible to find any accommodation to suit us.

Firstly when we contact 'normal' letting agencies they say they will not accept me as a tenant because I am a student. And when we look in to student accommodation we arrive with two problems; A) Mostly they are all flat-shares or tiny apartments not suitable for moving into permanently for the full 3-4 years of my course (I mean properly moving with all our belongings); and B) They will not accept Non-student tenants (like my partner).

With me, a student and my partner, a non-student (seeking work in our new area), it seems almost impossible to find accommodation due to this segregation of students and (to be - in our case) working professionals!

Has anyone else found this barrier with finding suitable accommodation? Or can anyone offer us some advice? I will contact the university tomorrow to see if they can offer us any further advice.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)

Watched Threads

View All