The Student Room Group

Do I need igcse or SAT's to study in UBC (Canada)?

My school is a mixture of the US and British curriculum and I'm just wondering if I need igcses.
Reply 1
Original post by Eszo098
My school is a mixture of the US and British curriculum and I'm just wondering if I need igcses.

I honestly have no clue. However, I will pass the link to this thread on.
Reply 2
Original post by Eszo098

Hi,

In order to study at UBC you will need your IGCSEs however they are not as important as your A-levels will be. I am from BC (Where UBC is) and to get into that school you will need A-levels for most of your year 13 courses I do believe. In BC we don't have A-levels but rather grade 12 provincials (the same as year 13 A-levels) and you always needed the main courses for your study area, ie. Math, English, Sciences and so on.

Here is a link to there page which will offer the most amount of help. http://you.ubc.ca/admissions/

you just need to select what criteria applies to you.

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Eszo098

just found this as well

http://you.ubc.ca/admissions/international-curricula/british-education/
Reply 4
I'm taking APs next yr .. Do you think they are equivalent to A Levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Eszo098
I'm taking APs next yr .. Do you think they are equivalent to A Levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AP classes are equivalent to A Levels and are recognised by UBC so you've got nothing to worry about. And to answer your first question, you'll need IGCSE to apply to UBC if you haven't taken equivalent 9th/10th grade classes in the American program at your school (don't know how to phrase that better). You may need to take SAT if you've done the American program at your school as it's part of the curriculum. However, if you're applying as a student that has completed the British program at your school you won't need to submit your SAT score - it's only necessary if you intend on applying to American universities.

Hope I helped! :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you so much .. Helped me a lot:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest