Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gourgous)
    me and my boyfriend are planning on having a baby in about half a year. i dont no how my mum and dad will take it. we are really serouis about it but my friends think im mad as they read the texts on my phone. shound i carry on with what we want? my mates keep saying that im throwing my life away. wot should i do? Im so exited about it, we have spoken about it for ages and we are sure it what we want.
    To cut a long story short, you are too young! It is too big a commitment. And surely your parents do not agree with this!

ReputationRep:
    me and my boyfriend are planning on having a baby in about half a year. i dont no how my mum and dad will take it. we are really serouis about it but my friends think im mad as they read the texts on my phone. shound i carry on with what we want? my mates keep saying that im throwing my life away. wot should i do? Im so exited about it, we have spoken about it for ages and we are sure it what we want.
    Good move! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    It may not seem like it now, but your education is very important. Why dont you finish school, and go to college to enable you to get a decent job. Im sure you dont want to bring a baby into the world with no money. I have always looked forward to having a family but I want to make sure I can provide a nice house and security for my kids, thats why I have worked so hard, I probably wont have kids until Im 30.
    yer i agree, it would prob. b better 4 u and ur baby

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you talk about it via text. Sweet. But seriously, don't. Partly because of what I just said, partly because you can't even spell your own name.

ReputationRep:
    exactly what hope have you got when you cant even spell.

ReputationRep:
    DONT! You'll regret it! do ur exams finish uni dont throw ur life away now - big mistake 0 do not whatsoever!

ReputationRep:
    Like already said... if you both want a baby now why not wait a few years, check your boyf is committed as he said and most of all until its legal. By then you'll have done your exams and may have more aspirations for the future. And is you still want a child you'll have given yourself the chance. You never know what opportunities may arise over the next few years.

ReputationRep:
    troll

ReputationRep:

Ok, If you seriously do want advice then here it is. Listen to your friends, they are ppl that actually know you and they are telling you that you would be throwing your life away. That may sound melodramatic but basically I would agree with it. You've got a lot of time ahead of you so take it. If you are asking for advice here then that should be telling you deep down what you already know.
    Most ppl here have told you the same thing, they are trying to be helpful. A few have said what the f*ck but they are basically either very young, stupid or just dont care.
    You need someone to talk to about all this.Talk to your parents please. If you cant then speak to a teacher you trust at school or try connexions.
    Take it easy and enjoy your life.

ReputationRep:
    Think about this:

The average child up to age 21 costs more than the average house. Do you/will you manage that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanx so much this helps alot. though my boyfriend was tlkin to me today about this and was sayin he wanted to have a baby in august. i think its a bit early and i want to wait a year, till my GCSE's are over. but my friends are bin so horrid to me and i cant seem to think straight. i have told my boyfriend wot i want and he is fine with that but i dont know how to get my friends to stop shouting at me everytime they tlk about the subject. Wot can i do?

ReputationRep:
    Thanx so much this helps alot. though my boyfriend was tlkin to me today about this and was sayin he wanted to have a baby in august. i think its a bit early and i want to wait a year, till my GCSE's are over. but my friends are bin so horrid to me and i cant seem to think straight. i have told my boyfriend wot i want and he is fine with that but i dont know how to get my friends to stop shouting at me everytime they tlk about the subject. Wot can i do?
    Listen to them. They're right.

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord.

Exactly why do you want a baby?
    I can only think that, at 15, you want one for all the wrong reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, just noticed something funny. "Full name: Bekki". Aaah...

ReputationRep:
    Look your 15 right? You have no clue what it takes to raise a kid, it's not all fun and games, as soon as that kid enters the world your whole life changes, you have a major responsibility and theres no going back. You like free time when you want it? You won't have it, you take it when you can get it. You want romantic evenings with your boyfriend? Good luck! There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a baby with the guy you love but don't go jumping into it head first, get married, get a house, and then enjoy your time together as a couple before you add an addition to your family. I made the mistake of trying to get it all at once got engaged at 18 then got pregnant at 19, 2 months before my wedding day. And you know what? everything fell apart after that, I realised that my fiancee was a total *******, and went through the pregnancy and birth alone, and now I'm raising my child alone, and as much as I love my daughter, I know I was wrong to have moved as fast as I did. I'm sitting here trying to type this and she want's a snack so I have gotten up 3 times now, this is every night. I want her to go to bed at 9 so I can talk on the phone withoput her screaming for attention, she's back down the steps 10 mins after I've tucked her in. You have time, go have fun and grow up, before you take on this kind of responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    Read the facts, think carefully and do what you think is best. If you think your future's with children, then have them. You can always begin a career later on in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Read the facts, think carefully and do what you think is best. If you think your future's with children, then have them. You can always begin a career later on in life.
    She's 15 for gawds sake.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a weird feeling that this kid is going to be born. I hope I'm not right. We'll probably all be reading threads about how to get your kid adopted in a year's time :rolleyes:. You've had enough people giving you reasons why you shouldn't have a kid, so this is just a plea - please, don't do it, your throwing your life away, and your inevitably going to ruin the life of your the child as well. How do you even think your going to pay for it? Your parents don't know, I'm assuming that you're expecting them to help, I doubt they'll be prepared, unless you intentionally get pregnant without telling them and give them a guilt trip, which is just cruel and selfish, as would be having a child just so you can fulfill your own childish fantasies. In fact just the fact that your even considering this shows you have nowhere near the necessary maturity. And think to yourself, why are all your friends so against it? Do you really think it's because they all hate you and are just trying to make your life a misery? No, they're trying to help you, just like everyone else here is. Think about it, it's for a reason. Okay, I said I wasn't going to give reasons, but I did anyway. I guess that shows how badly I think, as many other clearly do, that this would just be a big, big mistake. Please don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    MMMMMMMmmmmmm

first it's half a year and then August. Don't you know it takes 9 months?

ReputationRep:
    Oh My god. At 15 arent you worried a baby will wreck your body in its good years??? Id say it was a little too young. You do know your parents can charge your boyfriend with Unlawful Carnal Knowledge right? Wait a little longer at least until your 18 or even 17, get a puppy! and 3 kittens! fill your life with animals until you are sure you can handle a baby.

Im not going ot have children until im WAYYYYYY older. I like my figure just the way it is thankyou very much.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.