The Student Room Group

A* Grade Boundaries for Science

removed
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pissed right off about the chemistry grade boundaries!!! WHY SO HIGH FFS
Those boundaries aren't too bad but didn't expect the ISAs to go up by two marks for an A* though..
Reply 3
Have you seen the 100 UMS for C2? 57! Whereas its only 47 for bio and 52 for physics..
Reply 4
Chemistry too high! Though, overall, science grade boundaries aren't bad at all.
Original post by AlphaNick
c2 was really easy this year..

no it wasn't. biology was piss easy, physics was alright, but the chemistry units weren't easy.
Reply 6
c2 was really easy this year..

C2 is always high, was hoping for around 55 for 100 ums this year. think i got around that, wbu
Reply 7
Original post by Famokhan
Pissed right off about the chemistry grade boundaries!!! WHY SO HIGH FFS

EXACTLY
Reply 8
AQA

B1 44
B2 40 (guessing the page miss out had an effect)
B3 43

C1 47
C2 48 } NB these have been higher, Jan '14 C2 was 50/60 for an A*
C3 47

P1 43
P2 44
P3 45

also all ISAs have gone to 44

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2014.PDF

Stop posting s***. We can already see the grade boundaries and there's already a thread about it.

Or are you just fishing for thumbs up?...
Reply 9
Original post by Mahudu
Have you seen the 100 UMS for C2? 57! Whereas its only 47 for bio and 52 for physics..

Ok...
Reply 10
Original post by AIVARB
Ok...

If you can get 100 UMS on one of the units, that means you only need 80 on another one for an average of 90 for the A*. Do this for all four units and if you get two 100 UMS's then your in a great position for an A*, which is what this thread is about :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Mahudu
If you can get 100 UMS on one of the units, that means you only need 80 on another one for an average of 90 for the A*. Do this for all four units and if you get two 100 UMS's then your in a great position for an A*, which is what this thread is about :wink:

I have eyes and a brain. Sharp enough for me to go onto the AQA website to see it.

Science wasn't that bad anyway.
Reply 12
Original post by AIVARB
Science wasn't that bad anyway.

Yh all round seems decent, most lower than last years, just chem gb a bit high
Reply 13
lmao I posted this because I thought people would find it useful and to hopefully have some productive discussion about it...

It seems like you know TSR too much. Most people who spend their lives here DONT have any friends so it makes sense when you can make a thread so people of your social calibre can talk about the grade boundaries.
Reply 14
please, save the banter for tomorrow, you'll need it

Lol I already know what I got. For science, I got 2A*s and 1A, it's not my grades in pissed about, it's you lol.
Reply 15
Why?

Bcos you is my idol
I am shocked at Physics. P2HP was awful.
Reply 17
then this is the clearest moment of our friendship

You don't get it??
You know in AQA if I had a A in my ISA, B in biology, and two D's for chemistry/physics.... What overall mark would I get anyone ???
Reply 19
Original post by hanewie123
You know in AQA if I had a A in my ISA, B in biology, and two D's for chemistry/physics.... What overall mark would I get anyone ???

Most likely a C, possible B.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest