The Student Room Group

Is newvic sixth form a good school?

Im applying to newvic and I've got mixed opinion of the school being good and bad from friend. Does anyone know if it's good with the sciences (biology, psychology and chemistry especially)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H_m007
Im applying to newvic and I've got mixed opinion of the school being good and bad from friend. Does anyone know if it's good with the sciences (biology, psychology and chemistry especially)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya, I'm going to put this in the sciences forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51
They are better colleges around the area trying applying to one of them. Google newvic college ofsted report 2014 and click on the fourth link (its a PDF) and you will understand why.
No, for god sake.never ever go there ! Especially for science subjects! It's *** for chem and physics. Trust me, and for bio and pshyco, first year is all nice and harsh, and 2 is: they don't even care about you and teachers are always away. Last thing: they don't deliver concepts just feed you on worksheets to do your self. Cheers !4 futures ruined !! All baggy and filthy poor monsters! Not all tho !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
no its ****
Yea, love it there !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It's good if you're an independent learner - by that I mean self-teach all the content.
Otherwise the teaching is extremely poor - lack of ambition, cancelled lessons, terrible teaching, lack of marking, some teachers are even clueless about exam specification.
Original post by Windies
It's good if you're an independent learner - by that I mean self-teach all the content.
Otherwise the teaching is extremely poor - lack of ambition, cancelled lessons, terrible teaching, lack of marking, some teachers are even clueless about exam specification.

You are right ! It's lowest of the low in london !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to do phisics. I use to go leyton but the teaching was terrible they dont teach they expect u to do everything so which is wy im movin but i want to know is it the same with newvic.
im applying at newvic this year for level 3 btec. is the teaching and college good?
Newvic are very layback and lazy when it comes to actually being in classes, proportal (The college website) is never updated for some units when I do an assignment, errors are always made on the system and teachers remove you off the register for subjects when you aren't even done completing them yet. I have to retake my GCSE maths for the 2nd time at Newvic College next September and it is all because I have been unenrolled from taking this upcoming one in summer by some lousy maths department teacher.

Point is, just don't go to that college, you are better off at some other sixth form that actually teachers the right way and won't muck you about as if it's no big deal.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest