The Student Room Group

What are my options for Year 13?

:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
If you don't like Geography at AS I recommend not to resit it as you want do your best as you don't like the subject, doing the fast track subject would be a good idea but you would have to work hard. What other subjects and grades do you have?
Reply 2
Original post by ritazip
If you don't like Geography at AS I recommend not to resit it as you want do your best as you don't like the subject, doing the fast track subject would be a good idea but you would have to work hard. What other subjects and grades do you have?

B - Sociology
D - English Literature but I can get that to a C/B with coursework next year
D - General Studies

I dropped Philosophy at the start of the year due to the immense work load
Reply 3
Original post by smilesilly!
B - Sociology
D - English Literature but I can get that to a C/B with coursework next year
D - General Studies

I dropped Philosophy at the start of the year due to the immense work load

Ah ok, those grades are good. I recommend you either pick up a social science or philosophy again (If you enjoyed it) as you would have learned a bit of the information and then shouldn't be to hard to do AS and A2 (If you wanted to) :smile:
I would recommend that you pick up another subject - I do both Sociology & Psychology - as well as Geography; I got a D in Geography and Psychology - they are both hard and require intense committment... I'd say pick up another subject - something that you know that you will enjoy/will need for the future!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ritazip
Ah ok, those grades are good. I recommend you either pick up a social science or philosophy again (If you enjoyed it) as you would have learned a bit of the information and then shouldn't be to hard to do AS and A2 (If you wanted to) :smile:

You underestimate the difficulty of Philosophy!:tongue:
Thanks! Do you recommend a Social Science in particular?
I hear Psychology, Economics and Law are quite hard!
That leaves Health & Social
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
That leaves Health & Social and Environmental Studies (at my school)[/QUO

Oh dear sorry! :smile: If you said you liked geography at gcse then you might like Environmental Studies more than Health and Social but read through the specification just to check or e-mail a teacher that teaches it. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
[QUOTE="ritazip;49617727"]
That leaves Health & Social and Environmental Studies (at my school)[/QUO

Oh dear sorry! :smile: If you said you liked geography at gcse then you might like Environmental Studies more than Health and Social but read through the specification just to check or e-mail a teacher that teaches it. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest