BTEC First Level 2 Sport Diploma VS GCSE PE???

Watch
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What's the difference really(other than one's just coursework and practical and the other has got an exam)..
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
What's the difference really(other than one's just coursework and practical and the other has got an exam)..
I personally didn't do either. However, I believe that the one with the exam is easier for those who aren't overly fit (like me).
kdizzle97
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
BTEC Sport you're mostly assessed by coursework, you do practical lessons but you rarely get assessed on your actual performance apart from maybe coaching! So you don't have to be really good at a specific sport It also depends what units your school sets.

GCSE PE- As you said it has an exam (worth 40% in edexcel) but most of the GCSE (for me it was 60%) was based on my practical performance in four sports plus an analysis of performance. It depends on the exam board you do as well as I think its slightly different for AQA/OCR/WJEC etc but its similar to Edexcel
So you'll need to be practically strong in at least 3 sports
elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by kdizzle97)
BTEC Sport you're mostly assessed by coursework, you do practical lessons but you rarely get assessed on your actual performance apart from maybe coaching! So you don't have to be really good at a specific sport It also depends what units your school sets.

GCSE PE- As you said it has an exam (worth 40% in edexcel) but most of the GCSE (for me it was 60%) was based on my practical performance in four sports plus an analysis of performance. It depends on the exam board you do as well as I think its slightly different for AQA/OCR/WJEC etc but its similar to Edexcel
So you'll need to be practically strong in at least 3 sports

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads