The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Any non-drinking freshers weeks activities?

I start uni on the 15th, and as I'm living out I'm quite worried about freshers week. Are there any events that don't include drinking that I could attend?

I also wear a hijab so just telling me to 'go clubbing but don't drink' would just look odd.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by justanotherhuman
I start uni on the 15th, and as I'm living out I'm quite worried about freshers week. Are there any events that don't include drinking that I could attend?

I also wear a hijab so just telling me to 'go clubbing but don't drink' would just look odd.

Thanks

Im sure there will be other activities apart from drinking. I'm starting this September as well and i don't plan to drink or go clubbing.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by mhassan
Im sure there will be other activities apart from drinking. I'm starting this September as well and i don't plan to drink or go clubbing.

Ah okay, thanks

Thanks

Depending on what you're into there will still be tons of stuff that don't involve drinking, for starters there's quite a few film societies that do movie screenings during freshers week so you can always attend and meet people there.

Also I'm assuming you're Muslim so there's also the Islamic Society and you can check the guide or their Facebook page to see what they're doing for freshers.
Original post by Jmaguire
Depending on what you're into there will still be tons of stuff that don't involve drinking, for starters there's quite a few film societies that do movie screenings during freshers week so you can always attend and meet people there.

Also I'm assuming you're Muslim so there's also the Islamic Society and you can check the guide or their Facebook page to see what they're doing for freshers.

Yeah I've just looked and I've noticed that they have film screenings from 6-8 which is good :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 5

Thanks

No joke, go clubbing, I dont drink (only sometimes) and I a guy literally, just go clubbing wiht your mates, not everyone drinks albeit if you feel really awkward just act drunk, there was one mate who used to come to locos (student bar) at night we would all drink alcohol, he will drink j20.

Still attend them, not everyone is completely pissed as everyone makes it, on campus club is fairly normal, infact I would say 5% DRUNK, 10% tipsy, rest sober.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending