gagandeep07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, can some PLEASE mark my work which is below. This is a question from a AQA GCSE English language exam paper.

The original question was to 'write a short article for the paper which describes your experience of the outdoors and explains the benefits the outdoors can have for you'. (16 marks) Thanks:

Healthy Habits- Being Outdoors

As current surveys show 75% of people fail to realise the importance of being outdoors, researchers believe that this is going to have a serious impact on our health. Many people argue that they don’t have time to explore the breath-taking experiences our world has to offer; however is that the real reason why most of us are trapped inside?

Look around you? What do you see? Do you, like me, see a world which has many opportunities to offer?

I love the outdoors! The greenery of the grass, the vibrant colours of the flowers as well as the wonderful wildlife. I believe that it is essential to experience the outdoors and you should agree too. To begin with, it is proven that going outdoors on a regular basis has a substantial effect on your health. Going outdoors makes you live longer! Therefore, why don’t you join me?

I know you may say that you ‘do not have enough time’ to explore what the outside world has to offer. I struggle to get time myself! We are all busy at work, managing 40 hours a week to feed our beloved families and coming
home to monitor the kids. I know how you feel.

In contrary, that is not the only reason why you say that you ‘don’t have enough time’. Do you know why that is? Technology. Most of you will be sitting on your soft sofa playing video games and shooting zombies.
Why go outdoors when you can take the role of a brainless body and shoot zombies? You never know, you might see a zombie on the street. So what do you do? Obviously, you try to shoot it but you miss by a mile. Time well spent people! Time well spent! We don’t need to go outdoors when we can experience the outdoors right at our fingertips on a virtual screen. Am I right? NO!

Finally, what many fail to realise is that we only have one life to live. Take advantage. Go outside now! Please…
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)