Would a grade of 68 raise my chance of passing Watch

Ketchuplover
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got a grade of 68 from my tort law essay(50%). I have an exam and the exam is 50% of the mark too. Which grade will pass me at least? I am really in doubt of this exam so I'm really curious. The pass mark is only 40 for this year.
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
Also, the exam is a resit (if that affects the final result)because I didn't enter the previous exam, I had a medical problem but I was late in getting in touch with the university about it and had no proof so I didn't bother.

Also, when we resit, the highest we can achieve is the grade of 40 even if you get higher.
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
Please help me guys, does anyone know the marking scheme?
JayJay89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know about the mark schemes etc and I'm doing a completely different degree (BSc geography), but if the marks are 50/50, then 68 would be 34 marks, so for 40 you'd only need 12 to pass. That's if the module hasn't been capped at 40 due to being a resit. In this case as long as you passed you'd get 40.
Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suspect most universities have a rule that you need to pass every assessment within a module to pass the module. In that case even though the poster above is correct that 68/12 averages to 40, you would still fail the written exam and thus fail the module. Obviously if that is the case you need whatever the lowest pass mark on the exam is (I assume 40%), to pass the module.

You need to check your university's rules, not post on a forum where no-one has the slightest idea which university you go to and thus what the rules are.
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Forum User)
I suspect most universities have a rule that you need to pass every assessment within a module to pass the module. In that case even though the poster above is correct that 68/12 averages to 40, you would still fail the written exam and thus fail the module. Obviously if that is the case you need whatever the lowest pass mark on the exam is (I assume 40%), to pass the module.

You need to check your university's rules, not post on a forum where no-one has the slightest idea which university you go to and thus what the rules are.
Wouldn't that count as failing half of the module?
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ketchuplover)
Wouldn't that count as failing half of the module?
I literally have no idea which part of my post your question refers to, or even how it relates to my post in any way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.7%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.53%

Watched Threads