The Student Room Group

What were your A-Level choices?

I'm thinking to take history, maths, chemistry & philosophy & ethics. Opinions anyone?
Would be a nice little combo. If you enjoy the subjects then go for it :smile:
Those sound like good subject choices to me. Do you have any idea what you want to do in the future with those? (E.g. university courses).
Original post by LeFailFish
Those sound like good subject choices to me. Do you have any idea what you want to do in the future with those? (E.g. university courses).

I actually do. I'm planning to study chemistry at the university of Leicester, then probably go for a PhD in the science field, chemistry. Are these subjects going to be hard for A Levels? I really enjoy and I love history, philosophy & chemistry, and they're my strongest. The subjects which could claim me As, only if I endeavour for the grades.
Original post by inachigeek21
I actually do. I'm planning to study chemistry at the university of Leicester, then probably go for a PhD in the science field, chemistry. Are these subjects going to be hard for A Levels? I really enjoy and I love history, philosophy & chemistry, and they're my strongest. The subjects which could claim me As, only if I endeavour for the grades.

To study Chemistry you may want to take the Maths to A2 instead of the Philosophy (or all four). You have an even mix of essay-based subjects and non-essay subjects so you shouldn't be overloaded with coursework. The Maths is pure exam based and the Chemistry will have an ISA or EMPA practical module as well as exams - overall I would say it isn't too difficult a mix. Obviously all the subjects will be challenging but not too challenging.

Quick Reply

Latest