The Student Room Group

Special consideration for GCSE's?!?!!

I have sat my GCSE's this summer and I am receiving my results tomorrow (yikes!). however I have no idea what to do about my special consideration? about halfway through my exams I fell ill with appendicitis and had to have an operation to remove my burst appendix. I missed 2 exams because of this (Religious studies paper 2 and Additional Biology) I have applied for special consideration as for every exam after my operation I was in a great deal of pain and my concentration was 0. my questions are:

how do I know if I have been granted special consideration?
If I am a few marks off the next grade and my special consideration takes me to the next grade up, how long will it be before I get my updated sheet of results?

please pm me if you know a lot about this!

thanks!
Original post by livvyjones
I have sat my GCSE's this summer and I am receiving my results tomorrow (yikes!). however I have no idea what to do about my special consideration? about halfway through my exams I fell ill with appendicitis and had to have an operation to remove my burst appendix. I missed 2 exams because of this (Religious studies paper 2 and Additional Biology) I have applied for special consideration as for every exam after my operation I was in a great deal of pain and my concentration was 0. my questions are:

how do I know if I have been granted special consideration?
If I am a few marks off the next grade and my special consideration takes me to the next grade up, how long will it be before I get my updated sheet of results?

please pm me if you know a lot about this!

thanks!

Hey buddy, if this is something that you raised at the time of your exams, then it should have been taken into consideration by the exam board! Afraid we can't give you any special insights into how the exam board will treat you in light of this, but the best persons to talk to are the exam liaison officers at your school - they'll have the best idea of what's going on!

Quick Reply

Latest