Foreign exchange to USA for (half) a year as an undergraduate in UK

Watch
Jman96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi! I have just received my AS results and will have finished A2 and be going to university in a year. My main university of choice is King's College London for Geography Bsc, 3 year course. The University offer an exchange in the 2nd year to Australia, New Zealand, USA, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Brunei, provided I achieve 60% or more in first year examinations.

I would like to get some advice on Universities abroad, and what they're like. I'm ecstatic about the idea of studying abroad near the coast, warm weather (unlike England), seeing great sights, getting drunk, and having a really interesting culture. Just having the time of my life basically! As you can see, location is important.

I also would like to study in an area with very well spoken English as I am not bilingual (obviously this is huge and may rule out some countries).

It's also important to note I am looking for a good standard of education (King's is 10th in UK for Geography for example).

USA: University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of North Carolina, University of California
Australia: Monash University, University of Melbourne, Australian National University (Canberra)
New Zealand: University of Auckland
Hong Kong: Hong Kong University
Singapore: National University of Singapore
Brunei: Universiti Brunei Darussalam (for one semester only)

It's important to note I have left out University of Toronto, University of Washington (Seattle), and University of British Columbia because I was unsure of location, but if the culture and people are great. I don't care about the weather.

I know it's a lot of information to ask for, but I would really appreciate any advice given! Thank you.
username1233970
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Student from the USA here!
In terms of prestigiousness, University of California is the highest ranking. North Carolina, Wisconsin Madison and Washington are all pretty prestigious, but all the University of California colleges are very "s****y" Also, if you're looking for good weather, California's got it. Plus, if want to party, that's where to go.
username1233970
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The filter blocked out swancy??? (replace the c with a k)....... Anyways, UC colleges are "fancy" then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (743)
41.79%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.5%

Watched Threads