student90710
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone know the best way to revise for LNAT??
Weenja
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by student90710)
Does anyone know the best way to revise for LNAT??
There is a good book by Mark Shepherd that gives advice on mastering the LNAT. It comes with practice tests aswell.

go on LNAT website and do their practice papers.

read quality newspapers everyday, things like the independent etc. look at the opinion pages and see if you agree or disagree and why, start formulating multiple arguments on topical issues, especially ones that are law related. For example my lnat essay i chose was 'should judges be appointed or elected?'

Thats anout all you can do, remember it tests natural aptitude, you can't prooerly train yourself for it.

Critical thinking as level helps quite considerably.
neal95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there I reccomend a good book called practise and pass professional. As the above poster has said you can't revise for the LNAT using knowledge, but you can revise and sharpen the skills which they are looking to test in the LNAT.

Read a quality newspaper most days, you don't have to start so early, but it can only benefit your chances and get you thinking of what the author is implying, or what might follow next. Also perhaps save some articles you find thoroughly interesting and save more as the development progresses- this will give you broad knowledge on the subject for part 2 of your test, which will allow your universities to see that you have written a convincing argument
student90710
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by neal95)
Hi there I reccomend a good book called practise and pass professional. As the above poster has said you can't revise for the LNAT using knowledge, but you can revise and sharpen the skills which they are looking to test in the LNAT.

thanks,
Would you say that practise and pass professional is better than Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law? theres quite a price difference between the 2 so i don't know which would be best to get
neal95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by student90710)
thanks,
Would you say that practise and pass professional is better than Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law? theres quite a price difference between the 2 so i don't know which would be best to get
well i havent tried the mastering the LNAT, and the main reason i bough the practise and pass was because of the price saving and also the reviews seemed good. it has some good tips about how to spot which question it is asking you, 2 practice multiple choice tests, included with their answers and descriptions of how to come to the right answrs, plus 5 essay questions which you can be tested on in the LNAT. i would say its good value as i have done 1 test so far and got 19/42 the first time and after looking at the answers for test 1 and then attempting test 2 with the new found knowldge, i got 26/42. in addition to reading a good newspaper and reading the questions carefully, i would say that practise and pass is definitely worth the money as it will help you no end.
Maura Kat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by neal95)
well i havent tried the mastering the LNAT, and the main reason i bough the practise and pass was because of the price saving and also the reviews seemed good. it has some good tips about how to spot which question it is asking you, 2 practice multiple choice tests, included with their answers and descriptions of how to come to the right answrs, plus 5 essay questions which you can be tested on in the LNAT. i would say its good value as i have done 1 test so far and got 19/42 the first time and after looking at the answers for test 1 and then attempting test 2 with the new found knowldge, i got 26/42. in addition to reading a good newspaper and reading the questions carefully, i would say that practise and pass is definitely worth the money as it will help you no end.
could you explain more about why and how the book is good and one should buy it?
thank you very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads