I want to do internship in IB but not much work experience/extra curricular.

Watch
fredstan5014
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
I am going into my second year at University, doing Maths and Econ at Warwick. I am going to apply for internships to all of the big banks however I don't know if I have enough relevant stuff on my CV.
I have 2 A*s and an A at A level, spent 2 days shadowing a corporate financier in J.P Morgan through family friends, went on a charity expedition to Africa, and received a high 2:1 for my first year.
While this is all great, I don't do many sports and am not in many societies. I couldnt find work experience this summer and so feel I am lacking in lots of areas.
Internship applications are so close now so do I have enough to get myself an interview at a bank like Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan?
KLL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you don't think you have enough ECs, get more....
It's all kinds of messed up to do ECs jsut for the sake of ECs and I tihnk they're highly overrated anyways. Maybe times have changed, but work experience (even jsut shadowing) should trump most ECs (of couse you don't wanna come across as a guy who's got nothing in life but uni / wanting to get into IB).
So if you want to o an EC, do something less standard rather than the usual boring finance society crap, but some sports, or hobby, or culture related society.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads