The Student Room Group

'Got in but not pleased with your overall results' Thread

Hi all

Clearing aside, I've seen over the past week results have been black or white, either people were unsuccessful getting in because of missing out on grades or they were meeting the requirement or compromising with the Uni thus being successful

I for one missed my Firm choice to study Diagnostic Radiography at the University of portsmouth (I live in southampton so wanted to have an option of staying at local hospitals) and settled with University of Hertfordshire. I already had doubts about a result of BBB not being possible so kind of knew from the very beginning where I would end up.

In the end I got CCD but with added points from my Grade 8 Drums and B in EPQ I scraped by, overall I'm annoyed because for the amount of work I put in did not reflect my result, i got a B in AS biology and somehow managed to pull that down to a D whilst getting my Chemistry and History up to C's :/

So did anyone else get in but feel disappointed about their results? what is your story?
I got BCC but got into my firm offer (Kent, AAB); though I'm going to the uni I want to, I can't help but feel worried what employers will think of my grades. That's why I'm going to attempt to get a first to show they were a fluke.
Reply 2
ABB

Somehow got a D in a Physics paper and a C and B in Chemistry ones. I was hitting A/A* for all of them

I also retook a Chemistry module from last year and was hitting near enough 100% in the past papers and only scraped a B. Doesn't make sense at all.

Got into my insurance, not happy.

Should have gotten A*AA. 2 UMS off the A* that I needed in Maths too.
Was expecting an A*AB or AAB ended up getting ABC and ABB after my remark. For the A got enough ums for A* but didn't get enough marks on one of the papers and for the C it went up to a B but still not happy as overall I got one mark of a A at AS and got another A on one of the papers at A2 and a U on the other paper which then went up to a D -.-
Managed to get into firm choice though
Disappointed with my art grade, promised at least a B from the work I did, but I came out with a C

Still got into my firm choice though and got more ucas points than needed so that's good
Reply 6
I got accepted despite dropping 3 grades below the original offer. Though I am grateful, I feel I worked hard enough for the grades of my original offer (BBB). I do sometimes get panic attacks in exams because of the pressure, but then I try to make up for it in the coursework, but that didn't reflect my final grade. I'm also really pissed off with my Art grade because I sacrificed revision time for my other subjects in order to finish the ridiculous amounts of coursework we were set. No matter how long I spent on a drawing, it wasn't good enough :angry:
Needed ABB, got AAC with an A in General Studies
Amazed with the A in English, but really disappointed that I only got a C in Biology; resat all the AS exams and got them up to A's from two E's and a D, but really fluffed up the A2 exams - got two C's and a D so only a C overall :frown: Although I got in, considering the amount of work I put in my final grade doesn't reflect this, and despite getting an A in English still makes me feel down about the whole thing.
Reply 8
Got A*A*A, would've liked economics to be an A* as well if I'm honest
Original post by Ndella
I'm also really pissed off with my Art grade because I sacrificed revision time for my other subjects in order to finish the ridiculous amounts of coursework we were set. No matter how long I spent on a drawing, it wasn't good enough :angry:

I think the marking on Art subjects this year was unnecessarily mean and harsh :mad:
Reply 10
i got ABC but i was predicted A*AB and my offer was AAB for geography at the university of exeter, i still got in with those grades which i am overjoyed about but I am annoyed about getting a B in geography. throughout GCSE and A level i have been getting the best grades in geography, got A* at GCSE and A at AS and was predicted A for A level. I got A/A* in all class mocks and essays and put everything into it cause it is a subject i love, ending up with a B i don't think reflected all my work. I didn't find the exams hard, the opposite really, i reckon what happened is that everyone else found it easy so grade boundaries were really high.:frown:
Reply 11
Original post by laurenatlantic
I think the marking on Art subjects this year was unnecessarily mean and harsh :mad:

I think it was too :frown: The marks I got for the exam and coursework were s literally 2 grades apart, yet they were awfully close: a D on the coursework module was the same grade for a B in the exam one, absolutely ridiculous :frown:
Reply 12
I got ABBB (one B being General Studies). I really would have liked A*ABB and feel like I really ballsed up Geography and Business this year. :frown: I was quite disappointed on results day as I had tried harder this year than last year yet got worse results. At least ASs still contribute to half of the A level grade!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending