The Student Room Group

Can I retake maths GCSE while doing 3 other AS courses?

So I wanted to go into computing but I need a B in maths which I did not get, so I was wondering if it was possible for me to retake my maths GCSE while doing my three other AS courses. As I want to go into computing which where most decent unis need a B in maths which I can get. So is it possible to retake my Maths GCSE while doing other 3 other AS subjects, I dont want to do BTECS.

By the way the three other AS courses (Law, English lit,) lang only need a c for english.
Original post by Someguyonhere
So I wanted to go into computing but I need a B in maths which I did not get, so I was wondering if it was possible for me to retake my maths GCSE while doing my three other AS courses. As I want to go into computing which where most decent unis need a B in maths which I can get. So is it possible to retake my Maths GCSE while doing other 3 other AS subjects, I dont want to do BTECS.

By the way the three other AS courses (Law, English lit,) lang only need a c for english.

You should be absolutely fine :smile:

I re-took my maths GCSE in my AS year. If I were you I'd call your 6th Form or the college you'll be attending and check it out with them asap to give you peace of mind :h:

You can retake maths in As level year. :yep:

Where do you want to study computing at uni though? Lots of places require A level Maths.
Original post by Motorbiker
You can retake maths in As level year. :yep:

Where do you want to study computing at uni though? Lots of places require A level Maths.

De Montford University. Dosent mention maths in the entry requirements.
De Montford University. Dosent mention maths in the entry requirements.

True actually.

Entry requirements for 2014

Normally 260 UCAS Points from at least two A Levels or equivalent

Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English

Go for it then! Good luck!
True actually.

Thanks Bud!
True actually.

I was also wondering if doing English literature, language and law would provide enough Ucas points to allow me into a University like Brunell, or De montford, as i've been told that subjects like Law wouoldnt be suffiecient to get me into a University like Brunell, although the website dosent really mention what specific subjects to take.
What shall I do? :frown:
I was also wondering if doing English literature, language and law would provide enough Ucas points to allow me into a University like Brunell, or De montford, as i've been told that subjects like Law wouoldnt be suffiecient to get me into a University like Brunell, although the website dosent really mention what specific subjects to take.
What shall I do? :frown:

If you're not sure then email the universities in question. If their website is not clear then ask them. :smile:

DMU have an Official Rep on TSR that you can ask.

Quick Reply

Latest