Is it ever ok for BF to do this

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 51 years ago
So TSR just looking for your insight into what I perceive as an issue.

Me and my BF of four years both go to uni in different parts of the country. We meet up all the time and spend loads of time together.

so the issue I hear you say! Here goes!

i have introduced him to all my new friends at uni both male and female. He has introduced me to none. I know he has made new friends as he speaks about them. But he does NOT want me to meet them. Why? I have asked him and he doesn't see it as a biggie.

Is there something up with this?
CAP31
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Me and my BF of four years both go to uni in different parts of the country. We meet up all the time and spend loads of time together.

i have introduced him to all my new friends at uni both male and female. He has introduced me to none. I know he has made new friends as he speaks about them. But he does NOT want me to meet them. Why? I have asked him and he doesn't see it as a biggie.

Where do you both usually meet?.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Usually at my house but never has he invited me to his halls
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Bump
x-Natalie-x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It does seem a little suspicious, almost like he's hiding something…

But we shouldn't jump to conclusions, and it may be something very innocent. I would try and speak to him about it again and explain your reasons for wanting to meet his friends etc.

Do you know for a fact he's made friends? I mean, have you seen photos of him with them or anything? (depending on what type of person he is) It could be that he's slightly exaggerated the friends he's made as you seem to have settled so well with your new friend group, and that may explain his reasons for avoiding you meeting them.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

He gave you an answer.

He doesn't think that it is important to introduce his girlfriend and therefore he has no desire for you to meet them.
Merlot-Onous
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Yeah nothing wrong here. Sometomes I do not want different people I associate with meeting because they are separate entities.
If he did not invite you to something big with them like a wedding or grad ball then you should be suspicious.
beast132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I've never really introduced my girlfriend to my own friends from home, but that's for a simple reason: when I'm spending time off with my friends I want to be with my friends.

When I want to spend time with my girlfriend then I'll dedicate all my time to her - I don't really want to meet her friends either

Of course we meet each others uni friends in uni (we're in the same uni though), but we've never met each others friends from homes.

I consider this pretty normal, what do you others think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise