accepting university offer then declining - might be moving to australia

Watch
iluvmuzik52
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

So basically more than likely I will be moving the Australia in September. At the moment we are waiting for our visas, and after that its certain we will be moving. As a back up, I have applied to universities, and accepted an offer from a university for biomedical sciences just in case we do end up staying here in the UK. My question is, is that is it ok for me to decline this university offer after accepting it on results day?
FutureHeartSurg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iluvmuzik52)
Hi guys,

So basically more than likely I will be moving the Australia in September. At the moment we are waiting for our visas, and after that its certain we will be moving. As a back up, I have applied to universities, and accepted an offer from a university for biomedical sciences just in case we do end up staying here in the UK. My question is, is that is it ok for me to decline this university offer after accepting it on results day?
Well the acceptance (I believe) is legally binding, so I'm sure there will be some consequences for you declining it after accepting...
And it's a very douchey thing to do.
Your best bet is to call up the uni, explain your circumstances and see what they have to say about it.
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iluvmuzik52)
Hi guys,

You can just not turn up to enrol. The point of no return (or at least no refunds) is when fees are paid and accommodation deposits are put down. It's not great for then since it messes up their numbers, but yes, it shouldn't directly impact you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (692)
33.79%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (873)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.09%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads