Top Uni for Economics with English Language Grade B?

Watch
syed__ahmed786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all, I was wondering if anybody knows if I could realistically get in to a top uni for economics (e.g. LSE, Oxbridge, UCL, other Russell Group Unis etc.) with a grade B at GCSE English Language?
The rest of my GCSE's are as follows:
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A* with Distinction
Biology - A*
Physics* - A*
Chemistry - A*
History - A*
Economics & Business Studies - A*
Spanish - A*
Geography - A
Eng Lit - C (one of my papers was, very strangely, not marked for some reason - waiting for news from OCR about what happened, then will probably get a remark. All the other papers and units for Eng Lit were marked A*, and one B)
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by syed__ahmed786)
Hi all, I was wondering if any uni or a level students know if I could get in to a top uni for economics (e.g. LSE, Oxbridge, UCL etc.) with a grade B at English Language?
The rest of my gcse's are as follows:
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A* with Distinction
Biology - A*
Physics* - A*
Chemistry - A*
History - A*
Economics & Business Studies - A*
Spanish - A*
Geography - A
Eng Lit - C (one of my papers was, very strangely, not marked for some reason - waiting for news from OCR about what happened, then will probably get a remark. All the other papers and units for Eng Lit were marked A*, and one B)

I'm unsure whether your grade B in English Language is at GCSE or do you mean if you were to take it at A-level? But I doubt it's the latter.

To many people "top uni" could mean anything from UCL to Uni of Manchester. Do you mean a Russell Group?

The best thing to do is literally get on their website and look at what their entry requirements are for Economics. It clearly says on their site that GCSE in Maths and English Language should be at least at grade C or higher.

Now you need to do your research into your other unis that you are interested in to find the answer to your question. You are about to embark on A-levels now, so no one will be doing your work for you - trust me!

PS: Congrats on your results.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you tried looking on the University Entry Requirement page? They're the best place to go for questions like this. I don't imagine it'll be a problem however :nah:
syed__ahmed786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
I'm unsure whether your grade B in English Language is at GCSE or do you mean if you were to take it at A-level? But I doubt it's the latter.

To many people "top uni" could mean anything from UCL to Uni of Manchester. Do you mean a Russell Group?

The best thing to do is literally get on their website and look at what their entry requirements are for Economics. It clearly says on their site that GCSE in Maths and English Language should be at least at grade C or higher.

Now you need to do your research into your other unis that you are interested in to find the answer to your question. You are about to embark on A-levels now, so no one will be doing your work for you - trust me!

PS: Congrats on your results.
Ok, and thank you for your kind words!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.33%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (45)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
7.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (40)
9.85%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed