The Student Room Group

Questions for Biology

Hey guys
Hope you all receive good results today!
I have received a A* in Biology with a 376 UMS. Since most of my papers in the mock and the real exam are approximately 50 out of 60 (with some even lower) , I am worried that in A-level, it would be very difficult to achieve an high A in AS for an overall A* in A level. Is it preferable to take A level in Biology?

Thank you!
You got an A* in GCSE, you'll be absolutely fine :tongue: . So long as you enjoy the subject, you'll be swimming through it :h:
A level Biology is by the far the easiest science subject. With work you could get an A because it's mainly just memorizing and doesn't have any maths. Some of the stuff on DNA can be a little tricky but is nowhere near as bad as the stuff you'd do in physics. The coursework is really easy too.
Reply 3
Yes. However, it worries me when I must get 90% above for AS to achieve a A* overall in A-level.
I found A Level Biology by far the most difficult of the science subjects. It depends whether you are the memory type of person or the thinking type of person. If it is the former then you'll be fine and if you love the topics then you'll do well. A little background reading into the topics would give you interest and motivation and would defiantly help.

Original post by RoundTrip
A level Biology is by the far the easiest science subject. With work you could get an A because it's mainly just memorizing and doesn't have any maths. Some of the stuff on DNA can be a little tricky but is nowhere near as bad as the stuff you'd do in physics. The coursework is really easy too.

What if the OP likes maths and physic stuff and dislike memorizing and cramming words and definitions inside their heads?
Original post by nor778
Yes. However, it worries me when I must get 90% above for AS** to achieve a A* overall in A-level.

** you mean A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RoyalBlue7

I thought that I must receive 90% in the AS paper and 90% on the A2 paper to get A* overall? I am scared that I may not receive over 90%.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nor778
I thought that I must receive 90% in the AS paper and 90% on the A2 paper to get A* overall? I am scared that I may not receive over 90%.

Well what's the exam board. For Edexcel if you get over 80% across the six units you get an A. If you get 90% across the 3 A2 modules you get that *.
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalBlue7
Well what's the exam board. For Edexcel if you get over 80% across the six units you get an A. If you get 90% across the 3 A2 modules you get that *.

That is very difficult, isn't it? In my A* AQA Biology, in percentage, I have got 85%, 76% for instance. The exam board is AQA for A level.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest