Do you use a cubicle to get changed after swimming? Watch

This discussion is closed.
rachel.h
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just curious

I always use a cubicle. I'm not particularly body conscious or anything but I realised today it's never occurred to me to just strip off and get dry and dressed in the main part of the changing room.

A woman was naked as I went into my cubicle and was still that way when I left it 10 mins later. Is this normal?
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get changed in the changing room but hold a towel up so no one can see. I wouldn't just walk around nude
Armin.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
Get changed in the changing room but hold a towel up so no one can see. I wouldn't just walk around nude

As a female I suppose there's no real pressure and women are more friendly.

However I could never get changed in the changing room because my anxiety gets the better of me there's also the whole comparing each other's packages which gets me even more nervous. That whole atmosphere just makes me unsettled tbh this is why I choose the cubicle whenever I go to the gym.

The pressures of being manly and masculine.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cubicle. My local pool has a unisex changing room. There are often children there. And old ladies.
LaMandarine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Always cubicle xD.
I'm just too messy and I need hangers to hold my stuff
:sad:
and I'm too shy of my tummy top to have it exposed to the public :c
Mr...
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In school each changing room has two cubicle and there is always a race to get there first. If you can't then you simply use a towel :dontknow:
Stephen H
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm too 'gifted' to wear a towel...
rachel.h
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Armin.)
As a female I suppose there's no real pressure and women are more friendly.

However I could never get changed in the changing room because my anxiety gets the better of me there's also the whole comparing each other's packages which gets me even more nervous. That whole atmosphere just makes me unsettled tbh this is why I choose the cubicle whenever I go to the gym.

The pressures of being manly and masculine.
As in, having a sneaky peek or an out and out comparison? :hubba:
Armin.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rachel.h)

Yeah guys do this all the time even when at urinals this is why I don't use those anymore either.
Stephen H
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why compare in public unless you're actually looking for sex, as there's plenty of penis pictures online for you to compare
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I'd never have the confidence to just strip, lol. Would always get a cubicle.
gutenberg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My local pool doesn't have open changing rooms, just cubicles. However, I never had a problem with changing rooms and would use them if they were there probably, I find cubicles awkward sometimes as they can be very small!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've always used a cubicle. Even when going to the toilet, I avoid urinals and just head for a cubicle, if the cubicles are used and there's somebody within 4 spaces at a urinal, I come back later.

I couldn't just get dressed amongst other nude men, no thanks, one penis is bad enough.
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just curious

I always use a cubicle. I'm not particularly body conscious or anything but I realised today it's never occurred to me to just strip off and get dry and dressed in the main part of the changing room.

A woman was naked as I went into my cubicle and was still that way when I left it 10 mins later. Is this normal?
That seems like a long time to be undressed for but I've seen people before at my gym stood completely starkers with a hair dryer on the go for like 10 minutes. It's a bit weird but doesn't bother me.

Personally, I'll generally look for a cubicle if it's that time of the month but they're a bit small at our gym so I tend just to use the general changing room area, though I don't tend to stroll arons the place with nothing on.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just curious

At my swimming pool they have universal changing rooms so you have to use a cubicle - otherwise I wouldn't use it

If I had the choice I probably wouldn't use it because it's easier when you have space

Posted from TSR Mobile
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, break out the complimentary tape measure too...

Srsly though, I've swum a lot since I was 8, when you've had to change poolside at a competition surrounded by other teenagers you stop giving a ****.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it's co-ed, yea. I'm uncomfotable changing around women.

If it's male only then sure then nope. But I do have a bit of modesty. I don't like the idea of drying myself infront of other men with my pole flapping around so I usually dry myself in the shower cubicle and put on my underpants. I'll then proceed to put on the rest of my clothes near my locker.

If the shower is shared, I'll discreetly don my towel as soon as the shower's finished and then head over to a quiet space to put on the underpants and do the same as above. I just can't be bothered looking through my locker for all my clothes and stuff. I'd prefer to keep it open and grab stuff as needed.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, I just get on with changing without standing about naked for longer than necessary.

The only exception has been in spas abroad where I have been using the steam, sauna and pool naked without anything on (as has everyone else). In a sense I am not changing then, just putting clothes back on.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Scout Leader habit in me makes me default to cubicles for changing and for taking a slash. There's no rule on it but I prefer to avoid the awkward 'I saw his willy!' incident.

If I'm not with the Scouts and there's not a cubicle free then just change in the open though. I don't really think most other people are bothered about your body, and even the ones that are are strangers that you'll likely not see very often, if ever again, nor do I really care what other people think.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At our local swimming baths it was all cubicles, there was/is no open changing room. Even if there was an open changing room I'd have still gone with cubicles.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads