The Student Room Group

Is it worth a remark?

I got my results today and did well I suppose, however in some of the exams I was close to the next grade.

In OCR psychology I was 3 UMS points short of A*
in AQA RE I was 5 UMS points short of A* (On paper 1 I got 97% but only got 78% on paper 2. Its strange because I felt like I walked both exams)
In Chemistry I was 3 UMS points short of A*

On paper at the moment I have 6A* 6A 1C. I know people will say I should be happy with what I got, but seriously I was expecting an A* in these subjects and am quite disappointed that I did not get them. Thanks for any input. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jabberjay_
I got my results today and did well I suppose, however in some of the exams I was close to the next grade.

In OCR psychology I was 3 UMS points short of A*

Do you plan on taking psychology further after GCSE? If not, I'd personally leave it but it's up to you. :smile:

in AQA RE I was 5 UMS points short of A* (On paper 1 I got 97% but only got 78% on paper 2. Its strange because I felt like I walked both exams)

If you are sure that you did better on paper 2, then it may be worth remarking that one? :smile:

In Chemistry I was 3 UMS points short of A*

For subjects like the sciences where a strict markscheme is followed, it is unlikely that papers have been marked incorrectly (but not impossible). So in that sense, many may say it's not really worth getting science papers remarked. :smile:

On paper at the moment I have 6A* 6A 1C. I know people will say I should be happy with what I got, but seriously I was expecting an A* in these subjects and am quite disappointed that I did not get them. Thanks for any input. :wink:

I know it can be frustrating but your grades are amazing! And an A grade is still very, very, very good! :yep:
Original post by usycool1
Do you plan on taking psychology further after GCSE? If not, I'd personally leave it but it's up to you. :smile:

If you are sure that you did better on paper 2, then it may be worth remarking that one? :smile:

For subjects like the sciences where a strict markscheme is followed, it is unlikely that papers have been marked incorrectly (but not impossible). So in that sense, many may say it's not really worth getting science papers remarked. :smile:

I know it can be frustrating but your grades are amazing! And an A grade is still very, very, very good! :yep:

hey can i have your opinion please, i was wondering whether i should get some of my exams remarked, for geography i was 3 marks off a B, and for physics and spanish I was 3 marks off an A, it's AQA if that helps, should I get it remarked?
Original post by bubblegumcat
hey can i have your opinion please

Hey, certainly! :smile:

for geography i was 3 marks off a B

I'd say that in this case, you may as well go for it - it is unlikely for your mark to drop dramatically that your grade will drop. :smile:

for physics and spanish I was 3 marks off an A, it's AQA if that helps, should I get it remarked?

Both Physics and Spanish tend to have quite strict markschemes so it is quite unlikely for marks in them to change. Personally, I'd just leave it for these subjects as a B is still a fantastic grade. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest