CIE A Level History Guides Watch

kimdh155
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello ppl!

I will be taking history A Level exam (9697) this November session this year.

Currently, I am the only student taking history class, which makes me isolated from other students...

So, can you guys (who are taking, or who took the history exam) give me advice on this exam? I have absolutely no idea about the exam... it is frustrating because Cambridge didn't publish any example responses as far as I know...
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
KythingToWrite
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! I'm also the only student at my school taking CIE History—though I'll be doing the AS exam next June, which means I'll be doing the new syllabus (9389). I have absolutely zero resources apart from the textbook, so basically, I'm just posting to say I share your pain If I do stumble across anything I'll definitely let you know!
sitiputri
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey. Which option are you taking? I'm doing the 9697 syllabus too. Taking International and Modern European ones. And I know, right! Can't seem to find the standard booklets everywhere either. Have you checked with your school, though? Probably they can check if it's available in CIE website and can download it for you? I'm a private candidate so I don't have any teacher to do that for me :P

Anyway. I find their books for the 9398 syllabus quite useful because there's an examination technique section in it and it provides examples of good/bad essays. You can also check Mr. Herbert Moyo's Facebook page (search him) because he posts essays for CIE's past papers questions (only for the European and African option, though).
Maura Kat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kimdh155)
Hello ppl!

I will be taking history A Level exam (9697) this November session this year.

Currently, I am the only student taking history class, which makes me isolated from other students...

So, can you guys (who are taking, or who took the history exam) give me advice on this exam? I have absolutely no idea about the exam... it is frustrating because Cambridge didn't publish any example responses as far as I know...
(Original post by KythingToWrite)
Hey! I'm also the only student at my school taking CIE History—though I'll be doing the AS exam next June, which means I'll be doing the new syllabus (9389). I have absolutely zero resources apart from the textbook, so basically, I'm just posting to say I share your pain If I do stumble across anything I'll definitely let you know!
(Original post by sitiputri)
Hey. Which option are you taking? I'm doing the 9697 syllabus too. Taking International and Modern European ones. And I know, right! Can't seem to find the standard booklets everywhere either. Have you checked with your school, though? Probably they can check if it's available in CIE website and can download it for you? I'm a private candidate so I don't have any teacher to do that for me :P
heya. hows things going on with studying? prepared? or already looking forward to resit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.6%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (407)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (103)
14.41%

Watched Threads