Sophie422
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have just started writing my personal statement since i only recently decided i wanted to do psychology, and i was writing about how i came to be interested in psychology. I have written about my interest in mental illnesses, but then i realised that i wasnt sure whether that is studied at degree level. (in a course that doesnt include clinical psychology)

If any of you are currently studying psychology at degree level or if anybody else knows, please let me know. Also, if abnormal psychology isnt included, would it be a bad idea to write about an interest in mental illnesses in the PS? Should i change it for another topic area, or would it be ok to leave it in?

I really need an answer so i can amend my PS if necessary.
Thank you
Millie1986
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sophie422)
I have just started writing my personal statement since i only recently decided i wanted to do psychology, and i was writing about how i came to be interested in psychology. I have written about my interest in mental illnesses, but then i realised that i wasnt sure whether that is studied at degree level. (in a course that doesnt include clinical psychology)

If any of you are currently studying psychology at degree level or if anybody else knows, please let me know. Also, if abnormal psychology isnt included, would it be a bad idea to write about an interest in mental illnesses in the PS? Should i change it for another topic area, or would it be ok to leave it in?

I really need an answer so i can amend my PS if necessary.
Thank you
You can check the list of modules for the courses you're applying for on the uni websites. The vast majority will have modules in abnormal psychology/psychopathology/clinical psychology etc, and if this is what particularly interests you then I'd advise you make sure you apply for courses that have some of these modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophie422
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Millie1986)
You can check the list of modules for the courses you're applying for on the uni websites. The vast majority will have modules in abnormal psychology/psychopathology/clinical psychology etc, and if this is what particularly interests you then I'd advise you make sure you apply for courses that have some of these modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks, im not sure where im applying to yet but ill have a look at the list of modules on the courses im considering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28%
No (288)
72%

Watched Threads