Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, ive had a lump on the right side of my neck for two years. Its located in the lower region. I would like to know if its something i need to worry about. Its been a while, and it hasnt grown in size. Sometimes, it gets smaller and then grows back to its normal size.

What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honkeytonk311)
    hey, ive had a lump on the right side of my neck for two years. Its located in the lower region. I would like to know if its something i need to worry about. Its been a while, and it hasnt grown in size. Sometimes, it gets smaller and then grows back to its normal size.

What do I do?
    See a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    You should go and see a doctor right away if you are worried. They are much more qualified than anyone here. Seriously, it may be nothing but go see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I think i may know what she has (if she is still here), cos i have the same conditision.

ReputationRep:
    god my eye hurts so much since yesterday n i cant open it properly ... ma dad thinks its just an excuse to miss skul ...

ReputationRep:
    ive got the same thing, dont think its nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Its probably just a cyst - sounds nasty but not very terrible. You can leave it alone and it'll go away, have it drained.. or do what the doctor told me auntie to do to the one of the back of her hand - hit it with a book, very hard, in order to squish/pop it!!!

But yeah, see a doctor just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honkeytonk311)

What do I do?

What you are experiencing is a calcium stone, this will inflame to the size of a golf ball on some days and go back down to the size of a pea on others. The best thing to do is seek advice with your doctor and he/she should take you for a scan whihc will confirm this. Had the same problem two years ago with the exact same description as yours. Lack of sleep caused mine to get worse, so best getting plenty of rest and eating the right foods for now!

ReputationRep:
    Its most likely nothing, I had a scare earlier this year, it turned out it wasn't a problem (yet) but I do need treatment otherwise it may become serious.

I would go to the doctor just to put your mind at rest more than anything else.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.